Bukkit, CraftBukkit & Spigot 1.11 Released

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

Administrator Developer

All,

Our software for Minecraft 1.11 has been released for general usage. For a brief summary of API changes, you should please see the draft API thread. For server owners, you should please note that the packaged SQLite version has been upgraded from 3.7.x to 3.15.x. This means (like your worlds), your databases may also not be backwards compatible if you downgrade - so please back them up. It should also be noted that the current jar releases have an expiry of 3 days ± 1 day, so you will be required to update them frequently to ensure you have the latest and greatest.

It is also a good time to point out that when seeking support from us or the community, the only supported server versions are recent CraftBukkit & Spigot 1.10.2 / 1.11 versions. Any other version puts you at risk of already fixed bugs, and exploits. Additionally as per the README.md, the server software is open source and we welcome good quality code contributions, especially during this busy time.

If you are reporting a bug to JIRA, please make sure that you have compared the results between Vanilla, CraftBukkit & Spigot, and also the 1.10 versions before reporting - this speeds up the process for us immensely.

I’d also like to personally thank the testers on their help on the SpigotCraft server, especially @cindy_k, @ScruffyRules & @ssamjh - we’ve managed to fix a heap of issues including several crashes and duplications, which should make this one of the most stable releases yet.

In order to get 1.11, simply run the latest BuildTools with the required arguments. 1.11 will become the default version when we are confident that most bugs are ironed out.
    Code (Text):
    java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev 1.11
    If you haven't used BuildTools to create a server jar yet, it is suggested you first read the 1.8 announcement and the additional BuildTools info thread.

Enjoy,
    ~Spigot Team - @Spigot_MC

#1 md_5, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    • Like x 74
    • Winner x 26
    • Friendly x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. It has been great helping the Spigot team to fix all the bugs in Spigot 1.11 (and finding Vanilla bugs ;)).

I have enjoyed meeting some of the Spigot staff on the TeamSpeak server, namely @md_5, @ScruffyRules and @electronicboy!

Anyway everyone, happy Spigot 1.11!

#2 ssamjh, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 2008Choco

Junior Mod

Fantastic! Way earlier than expected! Congratulations!

4. oh hey spigot 1.11

• Like Like x 1
  5. TitanicFreak

Patron

Oh jeez you guys work quickly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. HYPE md_5! :D
    You're WAY early! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. That was quick. Nice work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. i9hdkill

Retired Supporter

Good work guys!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ooooouu yeaah!

10. Cool! I can't wait to update my server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Good job as usual!

12. Holy shit, that was unexpected.

Wow.

13. Wow, great to see this early. Thanks for all the hard work!

14. foncused

Moderator Patron

As always, thanks for the great work. :)

15. Is it just an error on my part, or is there no spigot-1.11 in the spigot target folder?[​IMG]

16. Gianluca

Resource Staff Benefactor

Great! Can't wait to get cracking on updates!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Oh yeah, going to test this all the night with all my plugins etc ty vm spigot team !!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. MineCove

Patron

Wow and a few days early too? Great job everyone - Your dedication and efforts are commendable!

19. smmmadden

Benefactor

Way to go team!! Looking forward to building and testing for my users. One comment on the 3 day expiry note, can you elaborate more on that?
    1. On day 4, does this mean the server will cease to function, crash, shutdown or is there a friendly warning in the console saying we're behind?
    2. Is this permanent or during the initial release of 1.11 until most issues are addressed?
    3. Why 3 +/- 1 for the expiry? I typically rebuild weekly when a build(s) are ready and deploy off-hours of most users so it doesn't impact their enjoyment on Sat or Sun. Not asking for it to be changed, just curious how someone came up with this number. :)
    Thanks again!
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.