Bukkit, CraftBukkit & Spigot 1.11 Released

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figured out the issue, just had to update a plugin. Thanks!!
  2. I still get this.

Code (Text):
    \Documents\SpigotServer>java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar spigot-1.11.jar nogui
    *** Error, this build is outdated ***
    *** Please download a new build as per instructions from https://www.spigotmc.org/ ***
    *** Server will start in 30 seconds ***
    I even followed the instructions on the first page of this forum post. Here is what my update.sh read:
    Code (Text):
    JAVA_HOME="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_31" java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev 1.11
  3. md_5

Administrator Developer

Make sure you are running the correct jar.
  4. Are you ... trying to run a Bash/shell script (.sh) on a Windows machine?
    Anyway, whatever jarfile your run script is pointing at wasn't compiled in the last few days. Make sure you copy the latest spigot-1.11.jar to where your run script expects it to be.

Ive updated from 1.10 to 1.11
    But there was some plugins that didnt work. So i downgraded to 1.10 again.
    Now all sign are gone and everyones chest are empty!! What to do? I have no backup :(
    Is there a way to fix this? PLEASE!
  6. There's no fix for that, as far as I know. You should've made backups before updating.
  7. Worlds don't downgrade. Once you upgrade, they don't work correctly with older versions of Minecraft anymore.
    Sorry, but if you didn't back up your server and world before updating, then all that stuff is gone for good.

Next time, I'd advise you to (1) back up the entire server and (2) use a test server to test plugins and such before you update your live server. It also bears noting that Spigot isn't in a stable state yet. The builds still expire a week after they are compiled (they will give you a warning message and wait for 30 seconds before the server actually starts), and I will personally be waiting to update until BuildTools builds 1.11 by default (without using '--rev 1.11').
  8. Its been a few days now but just thought I would let you know, I did fresh 1.11 build about saturday or sunday (last weekend) and then booted the server about 5-10 minutes after the build and I still got the 30 wait, not too major but i think it may be showing up no-matter what for some of us, and thought you may want to know, sorry for the delay though lol, been busy as with other 1.11 issues. Oh and I'm 100% sure my start script was pointing to 1.11.

As I say a samll 30 second wait really isn't an issue however it would be very nice if we could somehow turn it off, when I was testing plugins over sat/sun there was good 20-40 server restarts, so thats 10-20 mins of waiting for no real reason :)
  9. Well.. no. It doesn't do that for me, nor does it seem to do that for anyone else but you, which suggests you should check again if you are performing the following steps:
    1. Run Buildtools
    2. Stop server
    3. Delete old server jar from your server folder
    4. Copy new server jar from Buildtools folder to server folder
    5. Start server
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. It has been fine since we run 1.11, and today I wake up and start the server and have the 30s wait. We didn't change anything. Come here, there's no new info on the frontpage, and show-new-posts shows nothing new about any new 1.11 spigot build. What's up?
  11. md_5

Administrator Developer

There aren't announcements for every build.
    Do /version and you will see you are behind, rebuild and update your server.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. I had completely forgotten that they expire during the --rev period. Much appreciated, rebuilding as we speak. Thanks for keeping things current.
  13. (Sorry for my english)

I have this error in my server, every time.... is for spigot 1.11 ?

I build with:
    java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev 1.11

14. I would suggest making a new thread for your issue, so you can make sure that your problem doesn't get buried under other people's problems.
  15. Ok, thanks.

Where do I create the new topic?
  16. Well, it would have been nice if you had just read the section names and figured it out for yourself, instead of having me do it for you.

I would suggest the Spigot Help section of the forums, because that is the section where you go to get help with Spigot.
  17. I try, but my english is very bad ... Sorry
  18. Have you tried using Google Translate? The translations are not perfect, but it can be better than trying to read a non-native language.
  19. I'm using google translate. No problem.
  20. Is there a way to make it a version 1.11. X version of Spigot server?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.