Bukkit, CraftBukkit & Spigot 1.8.3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Thinkofdeath, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinkofdeath

Thinkofdeath Retired Developer
    Retired

Hi guys (and girls),

Brief announcement from me for what is hopefully a very minor update. We have prepared an update of both Spigot and CraftBukkit to Minecraft 1.8.3. This update contains only minor changes on our end, and simply rolls up the changes from Mojang which were present in 1.8.1, 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 - hopefully meaning lots of bug fixes. As usual NMS versioning has changed so you will need to recompile / update any plugins that are affected.

If you haven't used BuildTools to create a server jar yet, it is suggested you first read the 1.8 announcement and the additional BuildTools info thread.

Grabbing 1.8.3 is as simple as downloading the latest version of BuildTools (https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/BuildTools/) and running it. Please be aware that it is required that you have BuildTools #35 or later, older versions will not work. It is always good practice to keep your BuildTools as up to date as your Spigot / CraftBukkit versions.

If for some reason 1.8.3 doesn’t work out for you, downgrading is also rather simple (assuming you have a recent BuildTools version). If you want to save some time, it would also be handy to keep a backup of your old jar.

Simply run your BuildTools with the --rev 1.8 flag, ie
    Code (Text):
    java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev 1.8
    To clarify, running BuildTools with no arguments will give you 1.8.3, whilst using --rev 1.8 will give you 1.8.0!

For the developers out there there is one change that will affect a few NMS plugins and will be useful for Bukkit plugins. The Google Gson library has been moved out of org.bukkit.craftbukkit.libs and instead added to its normal location, as part of the Bukkit API. This means that plugins wishing to use Gson as an advanced JSON reading library may now do so without shading their own copy or using non-api methods.

If you have any issues, please don’t hesitate to ask for support on either the IRC channel (chat tab above), or the forums. The bug tracker (on hub.spigotmc.org) is also available, however please keep entries there limited to actual, verified bugs.

Hope you enjoy,

~Spigot Team

• Like x 117
    • Winner x 21
    • Useful x 7
    • Agree x 5
    • Informative x 5
    • Friendly x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. ssamjh

Compiling now. Thanks so much for this update. Great job Spigot team!

#2 ssamjh, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Big thanks to the @Thinkofdeath and @md_5 on their work for this update. I know it's been said before, but I think I speak for many people when I say that we're all elated to see that someone is carrying on the torch for our favorite server software.

I'm happy to be a part of this awesome community. :)

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. iLemon

Patron

Nice :) Will update now :p

• Like Like x 2
  5. It's great to see you guys are working so hard in order to continue this community. What happened to Bukkit was terrible (or not :p) and now developing Spigot further is a lot more work for the developers, but it's awesome to see they want to make the community happy and continue developing this amazing software!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thank you :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Great! Another Update!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Puremin0rez

Woohoo!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Thanks for your hard work! <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Awesome :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. joehot200

Supporter

So the new NMS naming hasn't been rolled in yet?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for this guys ! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thank you :)

In come the notification spam :p

#13 Ethernet22, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Thinkofdeath

Thinkofdeath Retired Developer
    Retired

Nope. Its planned for an 1.8.3 last time I checked so we wouldn't have to deal with multiple things breaking at once

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cant wait <3

16. Nice ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. .. woopie ..

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Thank youuu spigoty team!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Finally! Thanks spigot Team!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. *bows down* Thank you for providing us with this update!

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.