Bukkit, CraftBukkit & Spigot 1.8.6

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I imagine that craftbukkit is still built because Bukkit is inside the Spigot library, they really aren't two separate things.

Good ol' Microsoft... They're like we paid ya'll 2.5 Billion SO GIT UR SHIT TOGETHER!

Indded, what do you guys think will be new in 1.9?

#101 VirusBrandon, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  2. Ender Dragon Breath

EXTRA: more Arrows, more Blocks :D

3. in version 2 id like to see 1/4 blocks of what we have :) like 4 small ones to make the size we see now. and for each 1 1/4 block 4 small bricks that make the 1/4 block :) would be great for better detail of builds :)

4. YuP! Just like that mini blocks mod that lets you shrink down and build with really small blocks.

That would be pretty sick!

5. So. Is the book exploit fixed now?

It would take a lot more power from the server thought.

#105 sketaful, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  6. Probably, so this feature would have to be a new world generator and along with it, have that as a warning.

7. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fast updates are nothing to do with Mojang, sorry to dissapoint. We already had the bugs Mojang fixed patched for months so we literally changed the version ID and ran!

9. md_5

Administrator Developer

Not quite

10. I just ran BuildTools #38 and instead of getting the most recent CraftBukkit, I got one that's 1 version behind. The most recent is d6ca19e0756, but the /version command shows c637b933dc7.
    "This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-c637b93 (MC: 1.8.6)"

11. Can't wait!

12. [​IMG]

Hi, first time trying this. I got the following error:

Attempting to Build Minecraft...
    c:\users\###\apache-maven-3.2.5/bin/mvn: line 136 cd: c:/apache-maven-3.0.4: No such file or directory

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, return status !=0: [sh, c:\users###\apache-maven-3.2.5/bin/mvn, install: install-file, -Dfile=work\mapped.dc0161a7.jar, -Dpackaging=jar, ..... and so on.

Can I get a suggestion on how to fix this?

#112 Scott, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
  13. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

Have you built previous versions of Spigot before this? I ran into a strange issue on one of my systems where it wouldn't build unless I deleted everything and started from scratch.

14. No this is the first time I have tried.

I updated all my path and java variables. Seems there was a reference to an old maven; I removed that. Still get same error minus the maven 3.0.4 error.

*EDIT* I am trying it off my server via remote desktop to see if its just this crappy laptop I'm using.

#114 Scott, May 29, 2015
  15. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

Do you have git installed? If not, this is an option for you if you don't want to install git.

16. I installed Git. Everything seems to be running OK from my server. I guess my laptop was the issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

Hmm, could be any number of things with your setup then. Might want to make a new thread with whatever is in your BuildTools.log.txt file.

18. sorry to but in, but i am having problems with git not finding java so i used what u linked to and used windows cmd. when i type it in
    Code (Text):
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
    [INFO] Total time: 3.630 s
    [INFO] Finished at: 2015-05-29T15:37:55-05:00
    [INFO] Final Memory: 6M/76M
    'cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, re
    turn status !=0: [C:\Users\*****\Desktop\Spigot CMD\apache-maven-3.2.3/bin/mvn.bat
    , install:install-file, -Dfile=work\mapped.dc0161a7.jar, -Dpackaging=jar, -Dgrou
    pId=org.spigotmc, -DartifactId=minecraft-server, -Dversion=1.8.6-SNAPSHOT]
            at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess(Builder.java:592)
            at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.maven(Builder.java:570)
            at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:253)
    And PLEASE dont tell me its my java path
    EDIT: nvm i want to know

#118 GlitchiePlaysMC, May 29, 2015
  19. What happens when you type 'cmd' from a new command-line?

20. Thanks for keeping the project updated

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.