Bukkit, CraftBukkit & Spigot 1.8

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supported or not, I've been compiling Spigot 1.8 just fine on a FreeBSD 10.1 server. There are no issues during the build and the final JAR runs perfectly on my FreeBSD-based Minecraft host.

I'm a bit of a BSD nerd, and I generally choose BSD over Linux for my various servers. I've been running a Minecraft server on BSD since the release of 1.1. I started out running Vanilla ultimately migrating to Spigot around 1.4.5 and every change went fairly smooth - with the exception of the original 1.1 map becoming corrupted around v1.4.2.

My biggest problem has been replacing all the old pre-1.8 plugins I was running. At least WorldEdit and Essentials are working well. :)

2. Hello,

I am having trouble updating to spigot 1.8. When I try to open the BuildTools.jar file, I get the error:
    Code (Text):
     Error: Unable to access jarfile BuildTools.jar
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Dan

EDIT: Fixed, and new jars have been generated! Good job md_5!

#2522 dazrk, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  3. I'm a bit of a computer nerd, and I'm sorry, but as BSD is based off of other flavors of Linux it too is a flavor of Linux, and there is Linux support.

4. md_5

Administrator Developer

................................................................. might wanna fact check.

5. Not if you have multiple IP's set up on your system ;)
    BSD is a direct unix deriative, linux is a unix clone.
    BSD is a full operating system, linux is only a kernel.

6. Your first statement here is mostly true. They changed enough things over the years in Linux that it is now a derivative now.
    While Linux is a kernel, umbuntu, red hat, etc all are Linux flavored OSes. Same goes for BSD, if only for half of the people who work on it also working on various flavors of Linux.

7. Do you even know what deriative means?

Also, BSD is NOT linux based. It is BSD based.

8. I believe it means based upon the same core in PART or whole, but what do I know, I just read dictionaries for fun when I was in grade school.

9. omg ur so smart.

A deriative is a work based off another work. BSD is not based on Linux.
    BSD came before linux, they're two completely different types of software, and aren't very related. They just share a philosophy.

10. i like this Server so much :) Best core ever ;)

11. How do you start the server?

12. Hello i have this error: OS: Windows 7

Code (Text):

Pulling updates for C:\mcp\jars\serveur\BuildData\.git
    Successfully fetched updates!
    Checked out: master
    Pulling updates for C:\mcp\jars\serveur\Bukkit\.git
    Pulling updates for C:\mcp\jars\serveur\CraftBukkit\.git
    Pulling updates for C:\mcp\jars\serveur\Spigot\.git
    c:\mcp\jars\serveur\apache-maven-3.2.3/bin/mvn: line 136: cd: C:\mvn: No such fi
    le or directory
    Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale org.codehaus.plex
    us.classworlds.launcher.Launcher
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, re
    turn status !=0: [sh, c:\mcp\jars\serveur\apache-maven-3.2.3/bin/mvn, install:in
    stall-file, -Dfile=work\mapped.8eb82bde.jar, -Dpackaging=jar, -DgroupId=org.spig
    otmc, -DartifactId=minecraft-server, -Dversion=1.8-SNAPSHOT]
            at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess(Builder.java:457)
            at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:247)
    [/ code]

13. Thank you!!!!!! You are Amazing!

14. 2541th comment YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

15. Hi.
    I have a question.
    Friday work all fine.
    Now i will take a update, buildtool bring this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile (default-compile) on project spigot: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
    [ERROR] C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\spigot\Spigot\Spigot-Server\src\main\java\net\minecraft\server\BlockPiston.java:[73] The constructor BlockPistonRetractEvent(Block, ImmutableList<Block>, BlockFace) is undefined
    [ERROR] C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\spigot\Spigot\Spigot-Server\src\main\java\net\minecraft\server\BlockPiston.java:[342] The constructor BlockPistonRetractEvent(Block, List<Block>, BlockFace) is undefined
    [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
    [ERROR] mvn <goals> -rf :spigot
    Error compiling Spigot, are you running this jar via msysgit?
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, return status !=0: [sh, c:\Program Files (x86)\Git\spigot\apache-maven-3.2.3/bin/mvn, clean, install]
    at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess(Builder.java:457)
    at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:364)

16. @Matze135
    @Thinkofdeath was trying to fix something in the Bukkit code directly related to this yesterday. I have confidence he won't be too long to correct the issue. :)

17. Wait buildtools is the main spigot file? Like I can upload it to my server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.