Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.12-pre6 Released

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

Administrator Developer

Edit 30 May: Pre5 has become Pre6.

Edit 19 May: Pre2 has become Pre5

Edit: Please note that since 1.12 is now the developed version, 1.11.2 builds will show as outdated when running /version. We still support these builds, but most bugfixes will only go to 1.12.

Surprise!

As of right now, all of our software is available for Minecraft 1.12-pre5! This is the first time we have done a pre-release version, so we will be watching carefully to see how it goes. It is important to remember that as this is a pre-release the API may change in response to community development, and we provide no concrete timeframe for updating to subsequent versions. The Spigot Community Server has been running stable with these versions, so we expect minimal stability or otherwise critical issues.

Please note that these builds do have a relatively short expiry of 3 days to ensure you are updated frequently with the latest and greatest versions. It is also a good time to point out that when seeking support from us or the community, the only supported server versions are recent CraftBukkit & Spigot 1.11.2 versions. Any other version puts you at risk of already fixed bugs, and exploits. Additionally as per the README.md, the server software is open source and we welcome good quality code & API contributions, especially during this busy time.
    If you are reporting a bug to JIRA, please make sure that you have compared the results between Vanilla, CraftBukkit & Spigot, and also the 1.11.2 versions before reporting - this speeds up the process for us immensely.

A summary of important changes to be aware of is as follows:
    • Mojang has made Java 8 a requirement for the server. If you get an error message that says “Unsupported major.minor version” then you will need to update your server to Java 8. This is the only supported version of Java for running the server.
      • BungeeCord is still happy with Java 7
    • Mojang has updated Guava to version 21.0. This is a major leap in versions, so even though Guava has a generous 2 year deprecation cycle, some plugins may be using API that was deprecated, and then removed in this version without even realising it.
    • Many legacy Bukkit APIs have been removed. In particular plugins will generally need to be compiled with a Bukkit version >= 1.7.10 (released ~3 years ago) in order to be compatible. Ultimately this should have little effect on plugins updated within the last 3 years.
    • The EBean ORM has been removed from Bukkit. This API was outdated and barely ever used (an old study of dev.bukkit.org plugins showed it being used by half a dozen plugins out of 15,000). In addition updating it from it’s 5 year old version would break plugins anyway. If you still require this API you should include it with / in your plugin yourself.
    • Plugins with spaces in their name will no longer load. This has triggered a warning to be printed for many years, but now the server will refuse to load such plugins. Please note that this refers only to the name present in plugin.yml, filenames with spaces are still ok.
    In order to get these pre-release builds, simply run the latest BuildTools with the required arguments. 1.12 will become the default version when it is released and we are confident that most bugs are ironed out.
    Code (Text):
    java -jar BuildTools.jar --dev
    If you haven't used BuildTools to create a server jar yet, it is suggested you first read the 1.8 announcement and the additional BuildTools info thread.

Enjoy,
    ~Spigot Team - @Spigot_MC

#1 md_5, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    • Like x 75
    • Winner x 26
    • Friendly x 4
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Puremin0rez

Awesome! Good luck testing everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  3. MiniDigger

Supporter

wooo for prereleases! great job

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wohoo! I've been waiting for this for a while!

5. Awesome! Great Job. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. AMAZING WORK! So excited to update our server to 1.12, thanks for all the hard work md_5 and everyone working on spigot ^^

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Hype! :D
    Can't wait to test it!
    Edit: FINALLY SERVERS HAVE TO USE JAVA 8! ABOUT TIME!

#7 BrettplayMC, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 23
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. This they have done to bring many benefits for developers of plugins since it was difficult to obtain the snapshots to go testing the plugins for new versions Great job

9. MikeA

Retired Supporter

Nice, good idea to release it.

10. Colorful Hype, now its time to teeeest!!!

11. I've waited all my life for this...

parrot flying minigame lel

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

:O Prerelease Spigot!? That's magic!!! I love you guys <3 The most amazing modded community I've ever had the pleasure to be a part of

#12 2008Choco, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Awesome! Thank you for everything!

14. YAY! Now I can safely use 1.8 stuff like java.util.function stuff and lambda expressions without problems (but not objectoutput streams :().

Better than ever

15. 1.12 has added some really neat things. Wonder what we'll be able to do with them ;)

16. 1.12-pre2 is a 43mb jar? I think thats not right.. o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. im triying download dev but icant

maybe is my pc can helpme to understand the problem

Attempting to build Minecraft with details: VersionInfo(minecraftVersion=1.12-pre2, accessTransforms=bukkit-1.12-pre2.at, classMappings=bukkit-1.12-pre2-cl.csrg, memberMappings=bukkit-1.12-pre2-members.csrg, packageMappings=package.srg, minecraftHash=c3b7dcea1b83c86cb2a7b97e2c22f1d2, decompileCommand=java -jar BuildData/bin/fernflower.jar -dgs=1 -hdc=0 -asc=1 -udv=0 {0} {1}, serverUrl=https://launcher.mojang.com/mc/game...4202f9b0855d9104b66ba4182d52e79c38/server.jar)
    Found good Minecraft hash (c3b7dcea1b83c86cb2a7b97e2c22f1d2)
    Found good Minecraft hash (c3b7dcea1b83c86cb2a7b97e2c22f1d2)
    Final mapped jar: work\mapped.a1cd2fc9.jar does not exist, creating!
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at org.objectweb.asm.ByteVector.<init>(ByteVector.java:66)
    at org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.toByteArray(ClassWriter.java:903)
    at net.md_5.ss.model.ClassInfo.remap(ClassInfo.java:128)
    at net.md_5.ss.SpecialSource.map(SpecialSource.java:96)
    at net.md_5.ss.SpecialSource.main(SpecialSource.java:44)
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Error running command, return status !=0: [java, -jar, BuildData/bin/SpecialSource-2.jar, map, -i, work\minecraft_server.1.12-pre2.jar, -m, BuildData/mappings/bukkit-1.12-pre2-cl.csrg, -o, work\mapped.a1cd2fc9.jar-cl]
    at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.runProcess(Builder.java:561)
    at org.spigotmc.builder.Builder.main(Builder.java:319)

18. It tells you whats wrong.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. 2008Choco

Resource Staff

Keep in mind that 5 dependencies have been updated, one being Guava, from versions that hadn't been updated in years! 43MB seems rather large, yes, but Guava is a huge dependency

20. Vanilla 1.12-pre2 is 32mb. Its bigger, yes. But not double the size of 1.11.2. Nevermind.. I just downloaded vanilla 1.11.2 server jar and its only 9.3mb :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.