Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.12-pre6 Released

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electronicboy

IRC Staff

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Great! Can´t wait too see how it works.
  3. Hype!
    Glad I have java 8 installed. ;)
  4. Waiting for a long time 1.12
  5. What if the plugin i use is Java 7 will it work on 1.12 Spigot? Or it has to be Java 8 to work from now on?
  6. It has to be java 8 to use 1.12 and on from now on.
  7. The plugin can be compiled in Java 7. Your server has to run with Java 8 because Minecraft uses Java 8 for now.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. But would that work?
  9. Yes it would. Every plugin currently compiled with J6 or 7 is working with newer Java versions.
    The major.minor error only appears when running server/plugins compiled with newer Java version on an older Java version.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Yay, stable is out of mc 1.12, wooo :) Let's get our servers ready for the summer update with spigot + spigot plugins :) I can't wait. :)
  11. Well Spigot 1.12 is not released yet i guess, it's still on Pre-6
  12. Be patient, maybe in the editor!
  13. I wonder how the update to java 8 will effect plugins like protocolsupport?
    Or other api plugins? Will the move to java 8 cause any current plugins on a sever to no longer work?....if they all work and are made for 1.11.2. I would assume theyd workon 1.12?
  14. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Java is backwards compat beyond veeeerrry stupid edge cases, it's pretty much garaunteeed to have no effect on servers or plugins so long as they're running on servers which have java 8 installed, otherwise MC won't even start on them.
  15. Easy to test, there is a 1.12 pre6 out that developers can play with to find out..
  16. Legoman99573

1.12 is out Bois. Waiting for spigot to release tomorrow :D
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.