Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.12-pre6 Released

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I already got ViaVersion on 1.11.2 to get 1.12 clients to connect, and they are all begging for me to upgrade the servers. lol. They're as excited as we are. If only they knew the amount of work involved haha.

2. Odd. Very odd. No status updates from Spigot since June 2.

3. I don't think you have to worry yet :)
    I remember times where bukkit and spigot updates lasted months on servers, before they could upgrade, .. and then it was even with 75% of the plugins. Last year it has been very smooth each time, and this time around so far the pre releases have been on point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Puremin0rez

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Legoman99573

Supporter

Oke, its been tomorrow. Guess it will be ready sometime soon™ this afternoon, but im still on the hypetrain :D

6. i think that the release will be here in about 3 or 4 hours

7. Legoman99573

Supporter

upload_2017-6-8_3-16-57.png
    Ive been waiting too long tbh =/. gonna call it a night and sleep. Should be available when i wake up :D

8. Woo! I just rebooted a server and got notice that my Spigot build is outdated! Building the new release now! =D

9. Confirmed , building 1.12 too.

10. It's out!! Hype hype

• Like Like x 1
  11. I had an immediate successful build of 1.12 and I've been playing on it for the past 35 minutes flawlessly. I've even got a ton of plugins working with it just fine with my 1.11.2 worlds and all. Parrots, illusioners, all the new blocks, ever new feature has tested fine for me. And, just because I'm cray cray, I even tried doing a //chunk //regen to see if it would mess up one of my worlds created in 1.11.2, and even that worked perfectly!

All that being said, I'm seeing a ton of errors being thrown by ProtocolLib and MassiveCore in the console, but everything seems to actually work well enough, and I expected some plugin mayhem. All in all, this build works out of the box with all my 1.11.2 setup far better than expected. (I had been testing with pre6 with similar success, but still --I expected more bumps in the road).

Great work! Gratitude! <3

Now I can finally go to sleep. 5:14am. No regerts, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hm a developer gave me a realy interesting question..

Spigot 1.11.2 was made with size of 22-24 mb...
    now Spigot 1.12 come with a size of near 41 mb...

hve the developer of spigot added from 1.11.2 to 1.12 so extrem much more? :3

#435 CloudeLecaw, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  13. Probably cause of this!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Mojang shaded in a library called fastutil which is only about a full 60MB last I checked, thankfully, the fact that jar files are zips has cut down the overall size of that to only 20MB

15. Is it worth the size? Cause it's so big what can developers use it for :p

16. 2008Choco

Junior Mod

mfw Mojang can't optimize their game for themselves, so they rely on libraries that create optimized collections for them.

17. electronicboy

IRC Staff

it includes optimized versions of a few dozen things, hence "fast", e.g. high speed implementations of maps and various other goodies. The idea is that you don't shade in the full thing, only what you need.

collections are a huge part of software and beyond the actual code (which, you can only shave so much off before you end up with hacky code), collections are one of the highest costing systems there, high performance collections aren't exactly pretty to write, if somebody has already wrote them, makes sense to use them

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.