Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.12-pre6 Released

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowgod

Supporter

Sooo are any capable developers going to update zPermissions? This is very disheartening news.

2. electronicboy

IRC Staff

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. my server is crashing because this version (1.12) PLS HELP ME

4. electronicboy

IRC Staff

crash report (on hastebin or something)? Nobody can help you if you provide no information on the crash

5. melongun77, certainly post the console output so we can review the issue.

However, quite honestly troubleshooting is usually as simple as reading that output, looking for the Java exception lines, which are super easy to spot because they have indented blocks of text below them. You look in those areas of text for things which indicate which plugin is causing the issue.

Even without doing that, you can verify it's a plugin causing the problem by temporarily removing all plugins from your plugin folder and relaunching the server to see if it runs fine without errors or crashing.

I usually do such by actually making a whole copy of the entire Spigot folder with all its subfolders, worlds, etc., then I remove the plugins or do any other testing to that copied folder so as to not affect the actual working directory full of your worlds.

If everything works fine without the plugins, you can shutdown the server, then add one plugin, and start it back up. Wash, rinse, repeat. Do that process over and over until you identify the culprit(s). With this kind of massive update to the core of code, it's likely not just one of your plugins but rather several of them.

As an example, here's a sniplet of some output from my own server console which is precisely the sort of thing you'd be looking for:
    Code (Text):
    [15:17:48 INFO]: Using locale en_US
    [15:17:48 INFO]: [Essentials] Metrics disabled per PluginMetrics config.
    [15:17:48 INFO]: [Vault][Economy] Essentials Economy hooked.
    [15:17:48 INFO]: [Essentials] Using Vault based permissions (generic)
    [15:17:48 INFO]: [ObsidianAuctions] Enabling ObsidianAuctions v4.1.0
    [15:17:48 INFO]: [ObsidianAuctions] Checking to see if migration is needed...
    [15:17:48 INFO]: [ObsidianAuctions] Migration not needed, skipping migration!
    [15:17:48 INFO]: [ObsidianAuctions] Checking to see if strings need to be mapped
    [15:17:48 ERROR]: Error occurred while enabling ObsidianAuctions v4.1.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(Ljava/io/InputStream;)Lorg/bukkit/configuration/file/YamlConfiguration;
        at com.flobi.floauction.FloAuction.loadConfig(FloAuction.java:548) ~[?:?]
        at com.flobi.floauction.FloAuction.onEnable(FloAuction.java:277) ~[?:?]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:264) ~[spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-5b19044-bb4ae3b]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:337) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-5b19044-bb4ae3b]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:402) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-5b19044-bb4ae3b]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:377) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-5b19044-bb4ae3b]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:327) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-5b19044-bb4ae3b]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:421) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-5b19044-bb4ae3b]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.l(MinecraftServer.java:382) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-5b19044-bb4ae3b]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:337) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-5b19044-bb4ae3b]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:272) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-5b19044-bb4ae3b]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:544) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-5b19044-bb4ae3b]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_131]
    [15:17:48 INFO]: [CreativeGates] Enabling CreativeGates v2.11.0
    [15:17:48 INFO]: [CreativeGates 2.11.0] === ENABLE START ===
    [15:17:48 INFO]: [CreativeGates 2.11.0] === ENABLE COMPLETE (Took 143ms) ===
    See the beginning with ERROR with the lines indented below it? It's clear to see the issue is ObsidianAuctions. Now if your server is crashing without even providing such output, you would have still resolved the matter by having removed the offending plugin and testing a launch without it.

There is a small chance it's something other than a plugin or other customization you have applied to your server, but it's far less likely.

If you do identify the offending plugin, take any console ERROR output to that plugin's discussion page.

Best of luck! <3

6. Now that I've pointed all that out, I suppose I should get off my lazy tush and actual begin reporting all my plugin ERROR output instances to the plugin devs on their discussion threads, rather than just telling other peeps to do so, haha...

• Like Like x 1
  7. No one was generated

8. Here are proof wait im from german it says
    Press any key when i done it the server has stopped lel

Attached Files:

9. electronicboy

IRC Staff

Can't really say, for it to crash like that, something must have had to stop the jvm specifically, either something called System.exit, or the OS killed the process for some reason

10. 1.12 has added some really neat things. Wonder what we'll be able to do with them ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Code (Text):
    [11:02:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting minecraft server version 1.12
    [11:02:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Loading properties
    [11:02:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Default game type: SURVIVAL
    [11:02:56] [Server thread/INFO]: This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-87496df-ed8c725 (MC: 1.12) (Implementing API version 1.12-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)
    :);)o_O:D:cool::)

12. melongun77, you are still trying to launch Spigot with all your plugins loaded (7 visible even in that incomplete view of your overall console output), there is at least one error in plain sight in that screen cap (Super Lobby), and you did not bother to share the rest of the console output.

It would be more helpful to simply copy and paste the entirety of the text produced in the console than to show a screen cap. The clue(s) to the offending issue could be anywhere in that output, not just at the end of the output. If you find it cumbersome to select by mouse, just press ALT+SPACE, then E, then S, then ENTER to copy the entire console output to your clipboard. Paste that text here.

However, even before you do that, try launching the Spigot build by itself first to isolate it from other factors. Just drop the craftbukkit-1.12.jar and spigot-1.12.jar in a test folder with the eula.txt and do a test launch to ensure that the issue is actually specific to Spigot 1.12 itself and not any of your myriad of plugins or other customization. If Spigot 1.12 launches fine on its own, try launching with your basic config and worlds. If it still launches, then add your plugins back in one at a time. Trying to pinpoint a problem when you have so many variables involved will waste countless hours when you could pin down the culprit in minutes through a process of isolation. This is proper approach for troubleshooting any technical issue involving numerous variables which may be easily isolated in a containerized process, and a the way a Spigot server runs is ideally setup for such easy pairing off of the contributing variables.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.