Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.12-pre6 Released

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiniDigger

Supporter

because commons lang3 is a breaking chance. I also think that it is a vanilla dependency, so go yell at mojang ^^
    if you need it, you can always just shade in your own version.

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

Commons lang will never be updated because any update would be breaking to plugins and as Minecraft doesn't include it there is no real reason to keep it in sync. Lang3 is essentially a completely different library. We recommend guava instead for most usages.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes lmao, a lot refuse to update because of the new PvP Mechanics, especially gamemodes such as Factions. My server still runs 1.8, I'd simply lose my whole community if we updated, in fact, I've recently been contacted saying that they want 1.7 to be allowed on the network for PvP!

Hope Spigot/PaperSpigot add a configuration option to enable the 'old' form of PvP.

4. Legoman99573

Supporter

I think more people are getting use to the 1.9 PvP mechanic. You can still punch like an idiot and still damage their health or get ProtocolSupport as it disables 1.9 PvP and uses 1.8.9 and lower PvP

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. You could just write a plugin for it? I am developer at a server which runs on 1.11 and has all of the shitty 1.9 combat mechanics disabled. I also edited the knockback to be back to normal. No player complained about a crappy PvP experience, in fact many players were surprised how good the PvP feels.

6. People would Label 1.7 stuff as 1.8-9-10...

7. I can agree with the above, I'm in the slow process of creating my network and I'll be running on 1.12 and having PvP mechanics reverted to be of the 1.8 style and possibly completely disable shields and such.

I don't see why people won't update, it's easy to use ProtocolSupport to provide most versions and then create a PvP modifier. You literally won't get any support if for some reason you find a bug / exploit...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Legoman99573

Supporter

I dont get why they run servers tbh. Some are waiting for updates, but some will never get updates, so they should basically move on. 1.8 is basically the "Security Exploit Issue Update"

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. YAY Thanks alot spigot team! <3

10. It sometimes triggers me as to why they can't upgrade, if they use a newer version they can support many more versions. Players I doubt would even see the difference if you suddenly upgraded your spigot to latest and threw on ProtocolSupport.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ProtocolSupport does not support 1.12 yet :D :D :D

12. Legoman99573

Supporter

Will soon™

Lets put it in a meme as it has never changed since 1.9:
    upload_2017-5-15_4-39-45.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. PermissionsEx FTW <3 never used gPermissions, maybe why xD

------

Any plugin which got fixed by SpecialSource since Minecraft 1.9 is now broken. I have like 2-3 plugins which depends for my server can't be really replaced.

This includes: TNTRun (found the recoded version), PaintWar, PayDay.... (if I notice more, I'll edit this post)

[05:46:20 WARN]: [PayDay] Task #43 for PayDay v1.6.1 generated an exception
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server._INVALID_getOnlinePlayers()[Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;
    at de.brightstorm.moneyRewarder.run(moneyRewarder.java:50) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:71) ~[spigot-1.12-pre2.jar:git-Spigot-429b0e3-743252d]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:353) [spigot-1.12-pre2.jar:git-Spigot-429b0e3-743252d]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:738) [spigot-1.12-pre2.jar:git-Spigot-429b0e3-743252d]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:405) [spigot-1.12-pre2.jar:git-Spigot-429b0e3-743252d]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:678) [spigot-1.12-pre2.jar:git-Spigot-429b0e3-743252d]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:576) [spigot-1.12-pre2.jar:git-Spigot-429b0e3-743252d]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_101]

So, any tips? I know I need to look for alternatives, but I don't think theres any fork of them. Those plugins are abondoned since years and my server depends on it, meaning my server will never pass on 1.12 or 1.13... Until 1.11.2 gets non supported and reaching 5 years I'll probably end due to old plugins no longer maintaining :/

#113 TNTUP, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  14. Legoman99573

Supporter

There is usually an alternate of the plugins.

15. For those plugins I use, nope. Maybe Payday, not for PaintWar. I'll probably not go to 1.12 (my opinion, the most hateful update, breaks a lot of plugins. I know 1.12-pre2 is very early so better waiting like 2 months for it)

Can't the SpecialSource to fix it for 1.12's?

16. md_5

Administrator Developer

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. MiniDigger

Supporter

such problems should be fixable fairly easy by a developer. post in the hiring section, I am sure somebody could help you.

18. It doesn't matter; I try to put some dependencies with my plugin.
    Just my code: 87KB
    The dependencies and the code: 10,000KB (no plugin apis included)

19. Legoman99573

Supporter

maybe someone will find a workaround for it, plus shoulder chickens made me laugh whilst thinking about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.