Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jun 8, 2017.

1. md_5

Administrator Developer

All,

Our software for Minecraft 1.12 has been released for general usage. For a full summary of important changes you should see the pre-release thread, but the important changes are as follows:
    • Servers require Java 8 now because this is what Vanilla requires. Plugins compiled with older Java versions are still fine and will continue to function.
    • Server SQLite has again been updated, this time to 3.18.0, so keep backups of these databases if you think you may need to downgrade.
    • Bukkit plugins which have not been updated in > 3 years and use deprecated features may be broken by routine API removals.
    • Server Guava version is now 21.0 which may affect some plugins relying on it.
    It is also a good time to point out that when seeking support from us or the community, the only supported server versions are recent CraftBukkit & Spigot 1.11.2 / 1.12 versions. Any other version puts you at risk of already fixed bugs, and exploits. Additionally as per the README.md, the server software is open source and we welcome good quality code contributions, especially during this busy time.

If you are reporting a bug to JIRA, please make sure that you have compared the results between Vanilla, CraftBukkit & Spigot, and also the 1.11.2 versions before reporting - this speeds up the process for us immensely.

EDIT 23/06/17: 1.12 is now the default version

In order to get 1.12, simply run the latest BuildTools with the required arguments. 1.12 will become the default version when we are confident that most bugs are ironed out.
    Code (Text):
    java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev 1.12

If you haven't used BuildTools to create a server jar yet, it is suggested you first read the 1.8 announcement and the additional BuildTools info thread.

Enjoy,
    ~Spigot Team - @Spigot_MC

#1 md_5, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017 at 8:49 AM
    • Like x 45
    • Winner x 23
    • Friendly x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. lol is this the first thingy?

EDIT: Nice job guys :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. Great, lots of new features to mess around with :p

4. Thank you <3

Do you have any idea for how long support for 1.11.2 will stay? Luckily it stays for now :D

5. Yey, thanks you SpigotMC.org and md_5!

6. I can already see that replying to this thread early was a mistake. The amount of "pings" i'm going to get lol. Time to unfollow; my spigot-chrome extension can't deal with it ;)

7. md_5

Administrator Developer

It won't be getting any further bug fixes unless something absolutely critical comes up before 1.12 is the default.

8. The same goes for me....

9. Thanks everyone at SpigotMC for this very fast release!!

10. MiniDigger

Supporter

* throws around parrots all over the thread *

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nice, thank you. Very fast release!

12. Thanks for the very fast release @Thinkofdeath and @md_5! Hope that you guys will continue working on these awesome updates for all Minecraft versions to come :).

13. Thanks for the quick and great work by the whole team, and community for finding so many bugs as always.

Looking forward to see what this update can do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. good job, knew it would come out early today so i was waiting for it

15. Thanks for updating!

16. Yahoooooo. Thanks for so fast update!

17. I don't think @Thinkofdeath is involved anymore. I haven't seen his name in a commit in ages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Awesome! Thanks for all...