Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jun 8, 2017.

1. I can still reproduce this exploid and agree the result of mrfloris as long as i have the permission minecraft.autocraft. (latest spigot) This may is one of the reason why some people thought, that its fixed when your a player and bypassed by OPs.
    About how the exploid is done....Normaly i see no reason that u need to throw items away and repickup them while a craftingwindow (with recipebook) is open. Is there only one useage/gamemode/gametype u know where this would be needed? I currently know none :3 Maybe it simply should be disabled while a craftingwindow is open. (thats is what current exploidfixsolutions does)

[​IMG]
    [11:03:39] [Server thread/INFO]: This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-99c2a37-d35483b (MC: 1.12) (Implementing API version 1.12-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)
    [​IMG]
    Note: currently u can "little" fix the exploid with one of these 3 nice working methodes:

Methode1:
    Dont give your players the permission: minecraft.autocraft. (this permission only exists in newer 1.12 Versions) Without having this permission you dont need an exploitpatchplugin or the new cmi feature. Why? Without this permission you cant use the recipes in the recipebook and so you cant produce/use the exploid anymore.
    In my eyes Methode1 is no good solution, because this Methode complety nerfs the recipebook for players to not work anymore.
    Edit: The Problem does NOT apear if you dont have all materials to craft it, then you just see what mats u need in red like its normal.:EditEndsHere

Methode2:

The developer Zrips of the plugin CMI (Verion 6.0.6.5): added an explpoidfix feature for 1.12 servers. This feature prevents the pickup of items completly while the workbench or craftinginventory is opened (with recipebook too) in 1.12 servers.

Methode3:
    The developer Chazmondo wrote the free plugin ExploitPatcher (Version 1.0.2)
    The plugin prevents the pickup of items completly while the workbench or craftinginventory is opened (with recipebook too) in 1.12 servers.

All 3 Methdoes are only counting as a current solution until the reason of this exploid is found and fixed by the spigot developers.
    I hope this little thread helps owners
    Have a nice day :):D

#181 CloudeLecaw, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. Thanks for so fast update!

3. MiniDigger

Supporter

the perm defaults to OP, no need to negate it for your users.

4. hehe your right ;D but OP is an relict of the past.
    today normaly permisisonsystem should be able to still give or negate permissions even if your oped.
    (for example mine can setup negate permisisons for a group, and even if your OP then u dont have this permission if its negated in your group. i thought this function is basic for all permisison system^^)

5. MiniDigger

Supporter

yes, OP is a relict of the past. Nobody on your server should have OP. since nobody has OP and thus nobody has the permission by default, negating it is redundant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dont lets talk about Op or not here. Thats not the problem. The problem is still that inside spigot is this exploid error. And the next thing is without this permisison u cant look at the recipes (try to cklick a recipe without the permission) so you can say without this the whole book is nerfed to nearly a "zerofunction"
    the explodfixers (plugin or cmi) allow the full useage of book :) without the exploid (they deny picup while your crafting)
    and this is a realy good solution! Maybe the spigot team can make this too or 'realy fix the exploid' ;)

[​IMG]
    try to click as player without minecraft.autocraft. -> u will see the materials that are needed that should show the recipe will not realy show (just for a milli secound maybe?)
    Edit: The Problem does NOT apear if you dont have all materials to craft it, then you just see what mats u need in red like its normal.:EditEndsHere

#186 CloudeLecaw, Jul 26, 2017
  7. MiniDigger

Supporter

this is not a bug in spigot but a bug in mojangs code. spigot will most likely wait for their fix.

8. ok im not confirm enough to know about these thing. a very interesting part in my eyes :)
    But as long the exploid still exists this mean its fine to use the patcher or the cmi feature to still allow the book for your players :)

#188 CloudeLecaw, Jul 26, 2017
  9. Legoman99573

Supporter

i see this part
    Code (Java):

// CraftBukkit start
             if (!player.getBukkitEntity().hasPermission("minecraft.autocraft")) {
                 player.getBukkitEntity().updateInventory();
                 return;
             }
             // CraftBukkit end

Couldn't it work just fine without it implemented as in remove all inside the permission node. Seems really unneeded while the exploit can still work on latest spigot version.

Aka. Remove that perm or deprecate it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MiniDigger

Supporter

wat? why? the perm is so that spigot doesn't completely block autocrafting. if you trust your users enough to not exploit the bug you can give them the perm to restore the autocrafting functionality. by default nobody has the permission so nobody can use autocraft to duplicate items.

• Agree Agree x 1

11. [​IMG]
    try to click as player without permission minecraft.autocraft. -> u will see the materials that are needed that should show the recipe will not realy shown (just for a milli secound maybe?) the current solution is whole disabling....lets wait and hope that mojang? find a solution fix ;)

#191 CloudeLecaw, Jul 26, 2017
  12. Legoman99573

Supporter

Im saying it needs to be replaced completely. Doing it perm wise seems quite useless. It could be fixed if 1.12.1 comes out if that happens. Better solution, Don't allow people to pick up items when in crafting menu period. No need for a useless perm that noone will find.

13. [​IMG]
    u see i clicked the Andesit 3 times -> lets see what perms where asked for click on a workbench+change from fastcraft to normal workbench + openrecipebook + clicking 3 times on Andesit. (Interesting: i need 3 of each and get 2?... normal it should be 6...looks like the crafted result is not equal to the shown needed materials.).....
    [​IMG]
    u see gianttrees and AntiBednether asked both on the first rightklick of the workben...why ever..^^.fastcraft.use because i use this plugin fastcraft++ and the fastcraft++ GUI was shown before, i just did not placed the screenshot^^) 3 times clicking on the resultitem in the craftingbook -> permisison minecraft.autocraft was asked each time
    you see it can be detected ingame too ;) (with the right permissionscanner *g*)
    in this case i was admin and so i have the permission (green)
    the permission is minecraft.autocraft
    So dont say noone can find this permission (without looking into the code) :D
    the permission is asked when you click on the Resultmaterial in the recipebook when you have all materials
    i see a feature in this permission. The feature to allow Autocrating to special groups) but this has nothing to do with a real fix like u said allready. + if a new permission is added normaly this permission should be "released" on the site so all owners get a chage to know about and decide if they wanne allow thier user using it or not.

#193 CloudeLecaw, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  14. Those 2 jar files are what you need.

15. Thanks for your work as always!

16. 1.12.1 pre-1 support ?

17. Since this is only bug fixing an no major changes i dont think that md5 will do this massiv of upcomming pre releases things aggain ;)

18. 1.12.1 version please !

19. md_5

Administrator Developer

No

• Like Like x 1