Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.13.1 Development Builds

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Aug 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wow, important update, thank you for letting us know.

2. It would be wonderful if these could be in a separate thread so they don't get lost in the noise. Thank you for these updates, they are very much appreciated!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. These posts are actually on topic. I wouldn't mind more aggressive moderating to get the noise out of these threads ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MiniDigger

Supporter

Maybe @Senmori can put them on a wiki page and post a discussion thread somewhere

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Senmori

Senmori Retired Resource Staff
    Retired Patron

@MiniDigger If I can find time I will. I'm working on a couple new features atm so I'm prioritizing those.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Lue

Lue

Is this a currently known issue? There are two players other than me who have it.

(Short 50 second video to show the issue.)

I asked in a Minecraft support channel prior to asking here, and was told to ask here instead, since my client is vanilla and the server is Spigot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Ive seen this on my 1.12.2 servers as well.... From what I have been told this is not a Spigot issue as people have seen this in Vanilla MC Servers as well! I believe its just an error client side.... reload your chunks with F3+a (I believe its A... I do it by habit without thinking)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lue

Lue

Yup, I explained that I reloaded the chunks via F3+A in the spoiler. That didn't work, so I tried relogging - which fixed it. However, having to keep relogging every time it happens was becoming a pain, so I asked around. Also, it turns out it's three other players - the owner has now said he also gets this. I asked him on the Dynamic map:

[​IMG]

If it is just client side, that makes me wonder if there's a way to fix it. It was occuring with OptiFine as well, so I assumed it was the server.

9. That looks like a client-side rendering issue to me. I don't suppose you all have the same family/generation of video card? Do you notice a difference playing in a window vs maximized? Enabling/disabling vsync? I'm just spit-balling, but that looks to me like a renderer having a minor breakdown.

• Like Like x 1
  10. O yea that's great ! atlast those bugs are gone. I can enjoy the game even more now. Blokada vpn Newpipe

11. Lue

Lue

Well, no. I'm the only one with a GTX 1080 Ti. The others all have integrated graphics, other than the server owner; he has a GTX 980 Ti. That said, after talking with the owner some more, and people in the support channel I mentioned before, we've concluded that it was the server.

So I did some testing via '/timings on' and '/timings paste' after a bit passed; sure enough, our server was being overloaded to an extreme. The major cause was hoppers, as you can see here: https://timings.spigotmc.org/?url=momubutuga

I edited the hopper tick stuff, and this was the result: https://timings.spigotmc.org/?url=bexudepofu

It quite literally cut the load down more than half, from 221% to 87%. Since doing this, we haven't experienced the above invisible block issues. So that makes me think it was simply a matter of client and server desync; server says blocks are there, and client says they're not.

I would like to say thank you, though. It's nice to have someone offering help, even if it is grasping at straws like you said. =)

Edit: Also, we (the owner and I) forgot about the three extra worlds we had loaded in MultiVerse. They were there, because we were transfering over player builds from the 1.12.2 map on request. Unloading and removing those worlds cut down the server load to 32%, and the TPS is at 19+ at all times now: https://timings.spigotmc.org/?url=mewubacenu

So... uh. Yet again, it was our fault lol. Sorry.

#431 Lue, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. We're so close! cannot wait for a more stable version... Viva La Spigot!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Why all plugins TAB complete is not working?

14. ...because the plugin dev hasn't added tab completion to the plugin.

15. Last week I got a "world stopped ticking error", crashing the server, when I warped back to my spawn world from another world using MultiVerse. I use the latest Spigot build and the latest dev build for all my plugins, and the spawn world has been converted from 1.12.2 (the world was originally created back in 1.4 or 1.5 ~2013). Does anyone know if I should regard this as a sign that converting old worlds is still extremely unstable, or could it mean anything from a conversion error to a plugin not handling multiple worlds correctly? I had hoped to get working on fixing parts of the spawn world which broke thanks to the API changes, but if the world will continue to be unstable if I convert it now there is no point.

Also, does anyone know if it's safe to create fresh 1.13.1 worlds now without having to make a new one when another bug fix update drops?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. New world, new spigot, worldguard 7, cmi, and another plugin who's name escapes me. Tps has trouble staying above 19.5, with 1 player online. The world has a border of 1000 blocks (by mc internal command), pre-generated the chunks with worldborder plugin (and not using it after the fact). The cpu ramps up every once in a while, idle or not, players of not. It's eh .. quite the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I Love you really good luck.

18. It's been a month now. Is it safe to update an existing 1.12.1 world ?

19. md_5

Administrator Developer

There’s no known issues, but I’d still be careful with an old world

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.