Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.13.2

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Awww... Why did you make a fix for Spigot only?

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

Because this is SpigotMC? And moreover its a change to Vanilla behaviour.
    CraftBukkit is not intended to be an end user product (although useful in limited circumstances), and BuildTools should/will stop copying jars for it by default.

3. But you've fixed exploits in CraftBukkit before.

Regarding Spigot, my understanding is it changes redstone and mob spawning behavior, which would make some of my players quite unhappy.

4. md_5

Administrator Developer

So? Not every exploit is the same.
    Citation needed.
    Configurable.

5. So let me ask you this: How do I configure Spigot to run exactly like CraftBukkit?

6. md_5

Administrator Developer

If your view distance is >= 8, then changing mob-spawn-range to 8 solves your mob issue. I can't provide further advice unless you have more specific questions. For example you would also need to change your exp merge radius to 0 and your item merge radius to 0.5.

7. Sorry for being a moron, but I noticed in the Spigot changelog that a permission was added for use of the debug stick, but what is the actual permission node? Otherwise very excited for that, and thank you!

8. md_5

Administrator Developer

minecraft.debugstick
    Still requires creative

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thank you again for adding that, I appreciate it!

10. as my root seems to use 4.15.0-46-generic i want to ask if this bug with console is already fixed or should i downgrade to -0-43 or use some of the java start parameters?

11. md_5

Administrator Developer

It’s fixed in that version

12. Ehm @md_5 when i run buildtools i get a spigot that is just 29 megs in size, usually it's over 43 .. is this correct?

13. md_5

Administrator Developer

Yes, it went on a diet.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. What kind of diet though?

15. Ok, as long as it's on purpose and not a mistake that results in cats revolting against human race.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. *revolts anyways*

17. Can't use it though, I now have plugins that don't load (citizens for example).
    pout. Guess I have to wait for those guys to update first.

18. @md_5 What's real benefit of stripping the classes at this point? End users still end up using same bandwidth downloading original jar
    Anyone keeping build tools working data files on their server isn't really saving any file system space either.

Though I do understand plugins shouldn't of been using it since it was public API's.

For any Plugin developers using FastUtil that is broken by this update, I provide "Lite" versions of some of the main FastUtil primitive keyed collections at https://github.com/aikar/fastutil-lite

You can shade these in to your plugin to ensure that you are not relying on internal dependencies.

19. 1.13.2 just isn't stable and tbh it sucks

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  20. I havent had any issues. But I really wish I had my console working again :( Bad Ubuntu