Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.13 Development Builds

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #81 Optic_Fusion1, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  2. Code (Text):
    if (this.updateBreaksOldPlugins(version.1_13)) {
    isTimeForDevelopersToStopUsingOldAndDeprecatedAPI(true);
    //TODO update the plugin, maybe?
    }

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. md_5

Administrator Developer

You've gotta have all the names too....
    And stuff like wool is now separate so you have to duplicate code for those items if you use them

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I mean, I get it; it's more work. It's not the end of the world though, y'know?

#85 ME1312, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  5. Gotta keep in mind mojang can add an even larger (dinnerbone repeatedly said infinite blocks (which won't happen)) amounts of blocks due to the flattening so you have to keep in mind that's more and more work when more and more blocks and sounds and materials and such get added

6. MiniDigger

Supporter

Having it in the server allows it to be more effective. There was a person who started to write a new anti x-ray for spigot (I think he even opened a pr for spigot) but then decided to move his pr to a popular for of spigot instead of contributing to upstream. His work is brilliant and you don't notice any performance penalties.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Keep in mind that I'm not saying that devs are lazy for not supporting both (it's understandable that you wouldn't want to), I just feel like this is kind of an overreaction. For those who would like to keep supporting those older versions, my original post proves that it is still very possible.

8. to a sane extent

9. Too late bro :D Same mistake here :D

10. YES, finally we won't get users saying "meh its ok but it doesn't support version x.x.x pls support version x.x.x kthxbye" because it's near impossible for some plugins :) (well, this is what I'm hoping for at least)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. "subtle irreparable destruction to your world that may not be immediately obvious". That's scary. What type of irreparable damage are we talking about and is this something that could get ironed out over time with spigot builds?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Awesome, thank you @md_5
    As regards to the new command system, how are we able to modify such? Or does this automatically generate?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Anyone else noticed... the server icon is not working? I'm just testing stuff out lol

14. Wow what an update! Congratulations for such an awesome team at Spigot for keeping Minecraft community up and putting this massive amount of work into it! <3

15. md_5

Administrator Developer

Its the existing tab complete system and API

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. md_5

Administrator Developer

Blocks not being what they’re supposed to be, parts of the world going missing, items having to be deleted. They’re mostly vanilla not spigot issues.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. where i can download the 1.13-pre7 development builds

18. Bit 'late' to the party, but thanks for all the work put into this update!

Hurhurhurhur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.