Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.13 Development Builds

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There's some tick lag and rubberbanding when chunks are loading - I've noticed this on Vanilla (launched from within Minecraft) as well, so I suspect there's some optimizations to be made.

Starting Java with a fixed memory allocation & having it pretouch all its RAM seems to help server-side since it minimizes JVM-related lag, but ultimately the slowness is from Mojang's code and the fix needs to come from them...

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Change for the better or for worse?

3. is it normal that this method:
    Bukkit.getBanList(Type.NAME).addBan("somePlayer","Crazy",expire,sender.getName());
    is kicking with this msg
    lost connection: You are banned from this server.
    Reason: §0Crazy§0
    Your ban will be removed on §02018-08-11 at 10:11:06 MST
    as color 0 is not read it well on there and if I put "§4Crazy" in the reason argument it fixes the message
    but it wont do much with the time as it is in Date and I cant add a String there..
    this was not happening on 1.12 as far as I can remember...

4. also the first time the player joins back after tempban it gets this error
    [10:11:58 WARN]: Failed to handle packet for /1....47:47610
    java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.PlayerList.attemptLogin(PlayerList.java:501) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-417cfb3-4487c1f]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.LoginListener.b(LoginListener.java:130) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-417cfb3-4487c1f]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.LoginListener.Y_(LoginListener.java:54) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-417cfb3-4487c1f]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:231) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-417cfb3-4487c1f]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.ServerConnection.c(ServerConnection.java:120) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-417cfb3-4487c1f]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:987) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-417cfb3-4487c1f]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.DedicatedServer.w(DedicatedServer.java:411) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-417cfb3-4487c1f]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.v(MinecraftServer.java:822) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-417cfb3-4487c1f]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:720) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-417cfb3-4487c1f]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_181]
    and the kick message says:
    Bad packet id 27
    and the next time it can join but always happens...

#1264 raton023, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  5. sorry that I ask but anyone know why if I have a command on plugin.yml with certain permission
    only can tab complete if the player get that permission on the event PlayerLoginEvent
    so if the permission is set it after he uses a command the player can use the command from plugin.yml
    but tab completer does not work
    is there any update for the player of the commands can use on certain plugins ...

6. md_5

Administrator Developer

If the permissions plugin is not setting their permissions early enough then it needs to call updateCommands

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. where is that method or what is updateCommands
    I even try grep updateCommands /Spigot/Spigot-Server... -R and in javadocs...
    try to create new command same name to override... didnt work...
    I need to set permissions after player is online for a while and I will love to updateCommands

8. md_5

Administrator Developer

It was only added today

9. man I love you, you are very awsome... as busy and really kind xD thx

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Is there a possibility of BungeeCord Command Aliases not working? Ive started to rewrite some of my plugins to begin a new 1.13 Server when 1.13 Servers are stable, but 1. BungeeCord Commands are not shown in the new TabComplete Stuff (The black box that shows up when doing "/") and 2. The aliases are not working, ive done everything like before with the aliases, just put commandname: aliases: *aliases*
    but it isnt working for some reason :eek:

11. md_5

Administrator Developer

Pretty sure bungee does not have aliases

12. It hasn't?! I've used them or at least i was pretty sure i used them, cuz i tested them in 1.12 but how can i use aliases then?

13. Bungeecoord doesn’t send out command suggestions at the moment.

14. noticed that but im wondering rn how aliases are working, cuz i was pretty sure i used them like in spigot before and i just found out you dont register them in the plugin.yml, so i tried what i found in this Thread, but that doesnt seem to work either :/

15. new Command(Name, permission, alias....)

16. So.. Customized World support is totally removed? There is no way to set biome size? I really need small biomes for my server :( World imported from 1.12.2 are just regenerated..

17. I managed that GeneratorSettingsOverworld int t() is biome size, however while biomes are smaller terrain seams mostly not modified. Rivers are at it's old places etc. Only biomes are moved. int u() seams to modyfy terrian but it look strange. Any ideas of values to make biomes 2 times or 4 times smaller and keep terrian looks like in 1.12.2 customized world?

18. Yeah, as you saw in that thread probably, thats what i tried

19. if only people would understand and read, and realise that what they download are development builds, released as a courtesy to the community to help improve the project and get to a stable point as time goes on. While being able to benefit from this by developing and updating their own code, servers, etc in test environments. Rather than "this is out, so it's stable, I need everything now and will shout about whatever obviously doesn't work and isn't my fault". We'd have less abandoned projects, less toxic and useless ratings, reviews, and stressed developers. I saw another one (more publicly) call it quits on a very popular plugin today. And he's not the first this week (they were more private and more quiet).

I don't know how md_5 does it, mucho respect for dealing with a community on his back. Don't forget to take breaks, we can wait. We're nobodies and developers don't owe us nothing.

Personally i think it's quite amazing that what I cannot do myself, is done by others at $0 or $some money. It helped zom* peng* and me* to have a great place online where WE enjoy playing games, and WE enjoy giving a space to others to play on as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. If this is going back to me, i just asked if there is a possibility of aliases in bungee not working and i was sure they did before, so i was asking how aliases work if i did something wrong and the thread that i was reading wasnt working for me, so my main question is still "is this a bungeecord side thing, are there no aliases and im just dumb or am i not getting anything right atm".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.