Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.13 Development Builds

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Jul 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiniDigger

Supporter

Mojang never really had a proper qa team, that's why we have snapshots and mojira.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Shaggy67

Supporter

Number of issues isn't necessarily the best metric. All software has bugs, it's the severity of the bugs that is more relevant than just a count of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I remember the days when a product would make it to shelves when there are show stoppers. World conversion or data loss would be considered show stoppers. These days they just rainbow reelease thei stuff because marketing makes more than waiting for quality

4. md_5

Administrator Developer

* wouldn’t:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I have a cold, dying in bed, I don't even remember writing that post. Yes, wouldn't :p

6. Long changelog? For 1.13.2? Not sure what he means.

"We start of 'small' this week... releasing 1.13.2! :) And then I have to find a few hours to organise our changelog because oh my butts it's too long. I'm thinking there might even be 2 blog posts, one 'general' and one 'technical'."

https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/1054263283618926592

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. MiniDigger

Supporter

not for 1.13.2, nobody cares about that.
    hes talking about for the changelog for the first snapshot for 1.14 which will be dropping wednesday

8. 1.13.2 is released @md_5 do u think a dev build will be out next week?

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Oh absolutely, I'm old enough to remember that and if it WAS released, someone got fired. Nowadays, they just throw things out there and we are expected to wait patiently for them to patch it back into working order.

1.13.2 was released and it fixed what, ten bugs? Of those, were any the game breaking bugs that people have really been complaining about?

Also, I know that Mojang never really had a Q/A team. My point is, they are a $Billion plus game now, they can afford an entire Q/A team that could dwarf the development team. It's really pathetic.

• Like Like x 1
  10. At one of the developer panels at Minecon 2015, I wanted to ask them for details on their software development process, including code reviews, regression testing, and approvals for implementing changes, but I didn't get a chance.

• Like Like x 1
  11. md_5

Administrator Developer

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.