Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.14.4 Development Builds

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Thank you for updating to 1.14.4 so fast! :)

2. Okay thanks! I'll dive into the code - maybe i'm able to support :)

And thanks for the fast 1.14.4 update!

3. #1563 maxspeed3006, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. After using --forceUpgrade in the Batch file for the server, i still cannot join because of server is still on 1.14.3. Please Message me with possible solutions. Thanks. sss.PNG Capture.PNG

Attached Files:

5. md_5

Administrator Developer

You need to actually upgrade the jar

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. So, how does one use the suspicious stew? I tried to use one made with poppies and no cigar, could not even get consumed. :confused:

7. The problem of permanently loaded chunks persists on 1.14.4, making the server extremly lagged

8. Didn't know there is a such problem, but an idea came on my mind - what about keeping list of loaded chunks somewhere and checking every minute if there is player nearby (by view distance) and if not unload those chunks manually...?

9. There is no player online and the chunks still loaded, i've tried unloading them with "Clearlag" and 0 chunks unloaded, I have 4 servers with the same issue.

10. /forceload remove <X> <z>

11. md_5

Administrator Developer

Spawn chunks are always loaded by default.
    This is not new to 1.14

12. Im surprised Spigot never added an option for keeping spawn chunks loaded to the spigot.yml, its a very handy feature another fork has.

13. Any way they are not always active? Since 1.14 the server is unplayable because it reaches 5TPS on many occasions, I have tried modifying the spigot.yml, lowering the distance and entities, but without success.

I have different servers with different modalities, some even with the basic plugins for permissions, worldedit, essentials, and the problem persists.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. md_5

Administrator Developer

A plugin can do it trivially. Not everything has to be inbuilt into the server - that's the point of having an API.

15. Was just a thought. Sometimes its nice to have things built into the server to not have to have a pile of plugins that only offer one tiny feature.

16. md_5

Administrator Developer

And then someone else says its nice to have things available via plugins so the server isn't bloated with lots of features that I don't want.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Fair enough.

18. 1. How did you determine those "permanently loaded chunks" is the source of your lag?

2. If players were in those chunks, they would still be loaded and you'd still have the lag.

19. You think it's better to wait again before updating for a roleplay server with a lot of players?

20. Since 1.14 i can't unload the chunks, clearlag command or /forceload remove <X> <z> aren't working.

The server, well, the servers, all of them, because i have 4, even with basics plugins they have the same issue, [Server] WARN Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 13010ms or 260 ticks behind
    and [Server] INFO [ClearLag] 0 chunks have been unloaded!
    And yep, i've tried with fresh configs too.

And it continues increasing, minute by minute, I have different settings per world using spigot.yml, Distance view set to 4, hoppers tick to 100, low entities activation range and etc etc.

Even Mojang knows about this issue. https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-151082

I know that this is the problem because it happens on all servers, and only happens in worlds where the players have been and have left the "chunks" activated, leaving the entities activated.

#1580 ajeje, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019