Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.14.4 Development Builds

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Apr 23, 2019.

1. MiniDigger

Supporter

use EssentialsX, its the maintained version of Essentials. spigot-essentials (what you saw on jenkins), was only a temporary thing iirc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thank you for all your hard work

3. Sometimes I miss the old bukkit times, and the original developers of MC.

4. Yeah, but they were a pretty insular group of people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah sort of.

6. Anyone else having issues with tamed animal behavior? Dogs/cats don’t seem to be consistently following players on our server - they stop following completely if the player gets too far away from them, don’t teleport to player consistently. If player gets back close to them they start following again but it seems as if the system isn’t noticing that the animal should be jumping to the player. Wondering if the server is just overloaded - some warning messages about it being behind on ticks, but in-game play doesn’t seem to be noticeably bad aside from the tamed animal behavior.

7. Not sure about the rest of the issues, but the "behind on ticks" is always going to be there, doesn't matter if you use Beta 1.5_02 or 1.14.4 it will be there

8. SlimeDog

Patron

I guess it will soon be time for the next forum ...
    Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.15 Development Builds
    and more time on the Spigot test server. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. MiniDigger

Supporter

Uuhm, it's just been the first snapshot, it will take quite some time before its worth to build a spigot version for it, lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm sure there will still be some work done, probably, maybe, hopefully

11. SlimeDog

Patron

Please increase your irony filter. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Hmm. For the most part 1.14.4 plays OK on my tiny 2GB RAM Atom miniPC server but as the game versions increase the system is increasingly underpowered. Breaking blocks lately I am seeing a glitch where the blocks reappear, likely because my laptop is running faster than the server can keep up. Lag during fights results in drawing bow to shoot but arrow never fires when released, and the aforementioned issue with tamed mob behavior. I have a tower with a much more powerful processor and 8x the RAM, I didn't want to flip to a full tower for the server just for power consumption reasons, but at this point I think I'll have to do so as it's negatively impacting gameplay. On the plus side, the tower fans seem to actually be quieter than the miniPC...

13. 1.15 is a bug update. They've fixed a bug from 2012 and they've fixed also 50 more bugs for only 2 snapshots. It looks like they're looking to fix the bugs which will optimize the game in some form. Its sure we won't be getting 1.14x2 anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I understand that this isn’t to do with 1.14.4 but are we going to see an overhaul of spigot project with new compatibility for nms items? After the recent patch notes on minecraft.net, they are giving modders the ability to unscramble the server code and client side code to make modding easier!!

Edit: here’s the link: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-snapshot-19w36a

15. That's the day, they realized, we never get a Modding-API
    But that's the right direction for all upcoming projects.

16. MiniDigger

Supporter

Before we can speak about any of that we need to get the legal stuff cleared out.
    For now those mappings can only be used for reference.
    That's not true. Minecrafts internal apis are now basically accessible to everyone (ignoring the current legal limitations) so those are a modding API.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Is it still recommended to update 1.12.2 world to 1.13.2 first before 1.14.4?
    Or can we do it directly from 1.12.2 to 1.14.4 now?

18. I would not suggest the latter. Considering the impact that 1.13 had, I would go to 1.13 then 1.14.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Turns out the tamed mob behavior (not teleporting consistently if at all) is a Vanilla bug in 1.14.4. Which means that until it's fixed, it's not worth the effort to take a dog or cat anywhere - I spend half my time stopping to check and verify they haven't been left behind or stuck in water, and that's traveling on foot. On a horse, I lose them in under 30 seconds. Ugh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yeah, but Mojang's idea of a tamed mob (pets) behaviour is somewhat un-realistic.
    If you were to apply some of the situations of real life to how they behave in Minecraft you would be saying "How the hell did that get here?"

I have known my cat to travel upto about a mile away from home. My dog would not follow me off the lead for more than a couple of miles before they would get lost (they are too nosey and get easily distracted). If I had a Parrot, I would be lucky to keep it in the same room as me before it escaped into the wild.

Whilst Mojang's idea was that the Tamed Mobs could be beneficial, they should have just made them to come when called, or they should stay at home.