Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.14.4 Development Builds

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Apr 23, 2019.

1. MC launcher update pushed to my machine yesterday, and suddenly my Spigot server is bungeeing like crazy. Blocks I just mined suddenly reappear, I'm repeatedly bounced a few blocks back from my most recent position, lag mid-draw or mid-strike means I am often missing targets with arrows or hitting a block I had not intended to break. Log on the server doesn't show anything except a couple of commands I issued while playing - no "moved too quickly!" alerts at all, but that's what it is acting like. Anyone else seeing this? I rebuilt Spigot right before the new launcher downloaded, so I'm not sure if it's the server build or the launcher... it's really annoying, to the point where it's difficult to play. Server load didn't crack 10% when running so I am suspecting it's a launcher issue.

2. SlimeDog

Patron

I don't see these issues with launcher 2.1.9617 (2019-11-12) and Spigot 1.14.4 (Jenkins 2493) on a MacMini OSx 10.15.1. For anyone to realistically try to replicate them, it would be necessary to know the actual versions. "Latest" and "pushed yesterday" and "right before ..." are not versions.

#1702 SlimeDog, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  3. Launcher on macOS 10.15.1, Version 598 (1). CraftBukkit version git-Spigot-56f8471-56118c6 (MC: 1.14.4) (Implementing API version 1.14.4-R0.1-SNAPSHOT), running on Debian Stretch.

4. And... if you use a vanilla server?
    There are quite a lot more possibilities with both the system and the server configurations.
    (I am not a Mac fan)

5. Im using the latest beta launcher 2.1.9617, as well as a MacBook Pro on 10.15.1
    But I see no reason how the launcher would affect your game/client and/or server. The launcher literally just launchers your game/client for you. When your client is open/running, the launcher is closed, it makes no sense to me how this would affect your client.

6. Nice man, that is a really nice thing.

7. Yeah, it didn't make sense to me either which is why I asked. Prior launcher kept eating CPU (did not exit properly after loading Minecraft) so I was pretty used to force-quitting the launcher after the game spooled up. But, the launcher update was the only thing that I know changed before this started happening. Server is acting like it is lagging severely - it's a beefy system, plenty of RAM, with an SSD, I'm the only person logged in, and it's only open to my home network (server sits in a closet 15 feet from where I have my computer, with cat5e in between). In the last 4-5 hours of play server has only logged one "moved too quickly" alert yet it is maddeningly jerky in practice. Blocks I just mined keep reappearing, and my POV keeps flipping back to where I was standing/looking every so often. It's a basic Spigot build, one plugin only (a repair plugin, just overwrites durability of item in hand when called). The ONLY thing I can think is that it might be due to too many mobs? I'm digging a hole to bedrock - 149 block diameter circle, I'm down to level 30 now - and there are ravines directly adjacent and a mineshaft below my current level. Very few mobs on surface but if there is a generator in the mine pumping out spiders or etc. could that be enough to make the response glitchy? I've glassed off all the entrances to the hole itself, but that wouldn't stop mobs from spawning nearby. I know there is at least one generator near me, I can see it through the glass but hadn't wanted to disturb anything that wasn't in the hole itself. I'll try heading to another area, and seeing if the same behavior occurs there; that should at least tell me if it's a mob spawn issue. (There is no reason to dig a big hole like this, but it seemed like the thing to do at the time...)

8. 1.15pre1 is out. release is planned at 10th December

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hello everyone,

On the latest version 1.14.4 of Spigot, I often have roolback ... I'm in localhost, the only one connected to the server without any modification of the game (mods) and no added plugins (on the server).

Where does it come?
    Thank you.

Code (Text):
    Version git-Spigot-56f8471-56118c6 (MC: 1.14.4) (Implementing API version 1.14.4-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)

10. Can you elaborate a bit more?

11. Yes of course, I did a little video to illustrate the problem I'm talking about.
    (At 5 seconds)

I remember that I am localhost, without plugins or mods ...

12. Ahh rubber banding.
    Seems like theres a little bit of latency lag between your client and the server. Being local host Im not entirely sure what would be causing this.

13. That's exactly what I am seeing and the reason for my questions upthread. Except as I noted above - how much lag should I be seeing when the server is 15 feet away, on local gigabit ethernet network? And unless I am misunderstanding, Mick4343 is running the server on the same computer he uses for play - so again, lag is unexpected.

14. The most likely cause is that the servers GC is mis-configured, usualy this is due to the -Xmx value being too high.
    When a large GC is run by the Java System the server will almost stall up until the GC has completed it's tasks.

#1714 Goldentoenail, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  15. i still should use API version: 1.14 and 1.13? ?

16. SlimeDog

Patron

Depending what you intend to accomplish, one of:
    • api-version: 1.13 if
      • plugin requires at least API 1.13 functionality (for example, materials) -- and works correctly with 1.14 or is not intended to work with 1.14, or
      • plugin works only with Spigot 1.13.x, or
      • API level is irrelevant = plugin works with any Spigot version
    • api-version: 1.14 if
      • plugin requires API 1.14 functionality (for example, materials), or
      • API level is irrelevant, but NOTE
        • Plugins with this option will not load on Spigot 1.13.2 servers
        • Plugins with this option will load on pre-1.13.2 server (because they don't check), which may not be what you intend
    • <not specified> if
      • API level is irrelevant = plugin works with any Spigot version, but NOTE
        • Spigot 1.14 servers will offer a WARN message, which may be safely ignored
    Your plugins documentation should make clear which versions are intended, and should operate correctly (ie., WARN or ERROR and disable) even if loaded on a non-target server version, if possible.

See Optional Attributes for more details.

At present, the requirement for Spigot 1.15 servers is not public (although is probably known to the internals folks). But no Spigot 1.15 server is currently available publicly.

#1716 SlimeDog, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  17. md_5

Administrator Developer

It'll be the same deal as 1.14 I think, as in using 1.15 will prevent it loading on older versions but won't change anything else.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. SlimeDog

Patron

So CORRECTED:
    • undefined api-version will load on
      • anything, with a WARN message
    • api-version:1.13 will load on
      • 1.14.x
      • 1.15.x
      • pre-1.13.2
    • api-version:1.14 will load on
      • 1.14.x
      • 1.15.x
      • pre-1.13.2
    • api-version:1.15 will load on
      • 1.15.x
      • pre-1.13.2

#1718 SlimeDog, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    looeleloeleoleoleoelol

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. SlimeDog

Patron

Well, I imagine it's true, if one could find such a server, but I corrected the list. Thanks for the laugh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1