Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.15.1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Dec 10, 2019.

1. md_5

Administrator Developer

All,

Our software for Minecraft 1.15.1 has been released for general usage. This is a minor update with few server changes. Accordingly the API changes are minimal and full compatibility with 1.14.x API plugins is expected. The only API changes are as follows:
    • Achievement, FlowerPot (BlockState) and NoteBlock (BlockState) classes have been removed. Plugins attempting to use these classes on 1.13.x or 1.14.x would not have worked as intended, but now they will error.
    • Several long deprecated spigot() APIs (isInvulnerable, getLocale, isUnbreakable) have been removed since they are now present in the main API.
    • Complex recipes (ie those with dynamic outputs such as armor dyeing) will now return a placeholder ComplexRecipe class, rather than a dummy ShapedRecipe.
    • Block biome information is now 3-dimensional, not just column based.
    • SnakeYAML has been updated to 1.25.
    It is also a good time to point out that when seeking support from us or the community, the only supported server versions are recent CraftBukkit & Spigot 1.14.4 / 1.15.1 versions. Any other version puts you at risk of already fixed bugs, and exploits. Additionally as per the README.md, the server software is open source and we welcome good quality code contributions, especially during this busy time.

If you are reporting a bug to JIRA, please make sure that you read the guidelines and have compared the results between Vanilla, CraftBukkit & Spigot, and also the 1.14.4 versions before reporting - this speeds up the process for us immensely.

Upgrading
    Although upgrades from between any two version pairs are technically possible, it is recommended that all upgrades are conducted from 1.14.4. This means that you should first upgrade your world completely on 1.14.4 using the --forceUpgrade server argument, and then do the same on 1.15.1.

A Note on NMS
    NMS is not supported API. It has never been and never will be. Whilst we recognise that some things possible with NMS are unlikely to be possible with the API, many things that NMS is used for are possible with the API, or would be possible with very trivial feature requests. Before using NMS for any reason you should carefully consider whether you really need to use it or not. Updates to NMS are a crucial aspect of being able to sustainably and reliably deliver new versions of Spigot and may occur without warning. As a developer using NMS you must ensure that your plugin gracefully handles unexpected situations. The only guarantee given about NMS is that CraftMagicNumbers.getMappingsVersion() will be changed if any mappings changes are made (which could be frequently).

Closing Notes
    Each release represents the culmination of hundreds of hours of mostly individual effort, so if SpigotMC has helped you in any way, shape, or form I encourage you to leave a donation, contribution, or nice message. If nothing else, at least please make sure that any bug reports you may open are polite, clear, specific, and have been tested thoroughly both without plugins and on Vanilla.

In order to get 1.15.1, simply run the latest BuildTools. 1.15.1 is the default version as of 27 December 2019.
    Code (Text):
    java -jar BuildTools.jar
    If you haven't used BuildTools to create a server jar yet, it is suggested you first read the 1.8 announcement and the additional BuildTools info thread.

Enjoy,
    ~md_5

A Note on CraftBukkit (23 December 2019)
    As foreshadowed in the 1.14 thread, BuildTools will no longer build CraftBukkit by default. To compile CraftBukkit you must now use the --compile craftbukkit command line argument.

#1 md_5, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    • Winner x 50
    • Like x 36
    • Friendly x 9
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. MiniDigger

Supporter

Woooooo,
    Now I can send ppl real download links instead of rickrolling them :ROFLMAO:

As always, thanks for your work!

#2 MiniDigger, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Puremin0rez

Great work as always :)

• Like Like x 7
  4. foncused

Moderator Patron

As always thanks for all the hard work and dedication that goes into releasing these updates. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. simpleauthority

Supporter

Nice job, thanks boi

• Like Like x 2
  6. I would like to express my thanks to you md_5. My gratitude for your indisputably magnificent assistance is almost infinite. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed. I really like your contribution that you have in our society, you really make a difference and help others out, the world could always use more people like you. Gosh, what a polite and humble fellow. It is such a kind honour for someone as low as me to be in contact with someone of a level such as yours. I thank you once again my good friend. A world without you, would be a world I would not be able to live in, and I believe I share that opinion with most people. I can rest easy tonight knowing you helped. I appreciate you and everything you stand for and on behalf of everyone on planet earth, thanks.

#6 ItsMeGlare, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Is this 1.7 compatible?

• Funny Funny x 19
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you for continuing to provide Spigot updates.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Thanks for your work! one question about this:
    This means if my world is 1.14.4 i have to use --forceUpgrade to update it to 1.15?

• Like Like x 1
  10. good morning md_5 and thank you :p

11. fastest hand in the west

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. andrewkm

Patron ⭐⭐

Nice! That was wild fast :D.
    Great work as always man!

• Like Like x 1
  13. md_5

Administrator Developer

It's not required, but probably not a bad idea to do it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. FrostedSnowman

Resource Staff

15. Need your old combat too, old man?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. So Player.sendActionBarMessage() is replaced with?

17. My server is still on 1.8.8 and it will only update, after the old combat system is back.

• Optimistic x 21
    • Funny x 9
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Creative x 1
  18. ssamjh

Quick release, thanks as usual :D

19. FrostedSnowman

Resource Staff

lol

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 2