Bukkit, CraftBukkit, Spigot & BungeeCord 1.15.1

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by md_5, Dec 10, 2019.

1. So when I went from CraftBukkit 1.12.2 to Spigot 1.15.1, I also increased my heap space from 3 GB to 4 GB. But I see that it's not really going above 3 GB and is sometimes below 2 GB. Is Spigot more efficient on heap usage?

2. Can I delete the following files after the upgrade?
    • EndCity.dat
    • Fortress.dat
    • Mansion.dat
    • Mineshaft.dat
    • Monument.dat
    • Stronghold.dat
    • Temple.dat
    • Village.dat
    • villages.dat
    • villages_end.dat
    • villages_nether.dat

3. md_5

Administrator Developer

No?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Puremin0rez

All of that uses the new POI system so it's fine to delete those. There's zero harm in leaving them as well. Keep a backup if you ever need to revert.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Eh. I figured if I'm backfilling areas with bee nests, I'mma give myself bee spawn eggs in the process just in case. I did find several nests in the game to start, moved them to existing areas, and from there collected honeycomb to make hives OR gave myself nests to drop near bases in previously-explored areas. But every time I threw a few bee spawn eggs just in case. Bees seem to get lost occasionally, wander too far from the nest when looking for flowers and don't make their way back, so I respawn them if I've been hanging out near a hive for a few day/night cycles without seeing sign of them returning.

My son said "isn't that cheating?" and I replied "we use a repair plugin and teleport all the damn time, so, no."

6. Where do the bees go? I spawn some, they collect pollen, do their thing in the hive/nest*, I collect honey, but eventually the bees disappear. Where do they go?

* Is there a difference between a hive and a nest?

7. Nests spawn naturally in trees, and can not be crafted
    Hives can be crafted and do not spawn naturally.

That is basically the only difference, they have the same tile entity so they act the same way.

8. Pretty sure they just occasionally get lost. If they wander too far from their nest/hive looking for a flower, they do a search pattern looking for a nest/hive that isn't full. In an area with only one nest/hive, they can go off on a tangent and never find their way back. I started making sure there were banks of flowers near all the hives I placed just to help with this - in most cases they have stuck around since making sure flowers were close by.

9. Hi. I am getting an unsupported operation run time error for a plugin that I am recompiling for 1.15. It works fine under 1.14. The call to getBukkitView().getTopInventory() generates this exception:

Code (Text):
    java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not supported yet.
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.ContainerAccess.getWorld(ContainerAccess.java:11) ~[spigot-1.15.1.jar:git-Spigot-492a779-b98e2de]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.ContainerAccess.getLocation(ContainerAccess.java:19) ~[spigot-1.15.1.jar:git-Spigot-492a779-b98e2de]
            at net.minecraft.server.v1_15_R1.ContainerAnvil.getBukkitView(ContainerAnvil.java:394) ~[spigot-1.15.1.jar:git-Spigot-492a779-b98e2de]
            at net.obmc.obmetaproducer.Versions.v1_15.AnvilGUI.open(AnvilGUI.java:307) ~[?:?]

Any idea if this is something that should be done a different way under 1.15, or do I just have to wait?

Cheers, F451

10. Yep, seems like a game mechanism. Maybe a Mojang oversight?
    Ask yourself.
    If bees can't collect pollen, what would happen?
    If a bee homes in on a flower which is outside of the domicile distance, what would happen?

Yes, they will die.

11. MiniDigger

Supporter

show the full code of your anvil gui, please. Ideally in a new thread..... (feel free to tag me)

12. Thanks Minidigger. I will open another thread for it in the appropriate forum if this continues to be an issue. I found an AnvilGUI class on github that was updated for 1.15 and supports all prior versions, so I will check that first.

Thanks again.

13. Real beehives have 10,000 to 80,000 bees. Three bees just ain't cutting it.

This also made me wish I had saved a copy of the old BASIC Swarms game.

14. Imagine morning coming along, and 10,000 bees pop out of one little hive, LAAAGGGG (eeek)

15. Ever seen a real honeybee hive? Neighbors had a hive inside the house. It was like an airport with bees coming and going continuously.

EDIT: I should submit a Mojang bug report: "Not enough bees"

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Yeah, I grew up in a rural town, always saw lots of nests and hives, and you're right, totally like a bee-airport.

I would love to see this. Please write it with a bit of humour but still serious. Would be a funny/great bug report.

But in all fairness, 3 seems like a good amount for the hives. Any more than that and servers are going to have some crazy lag. I guess one option is leave the spawn count where it is, but allow the hives to house more bees.

17. thank you md_5... i cant wait for 1.16!!!

18. What just changed with Spigot's 3 new builds from today? Because using --rev 1.15.1 breaks about 50% of the plugins on the servers ..

Oof, glad I had yesterdays spigot jar. Rolling back to the backup before the update between builds resolved the issue for me.