1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Crash Bukkit Server Crash

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Icraft, Jun 28, 2013.

1. So I run a mid sized professionally hosted mine craft server. Our server has 100 slots and about 20-30 users on at all times. These past few days the server has started crashing but a reload seems to fix it. However whenever I reload it, it usually is only about 30 minutes or so before the next crash.
    Sometimes it is about 12 hours before it crashes again.
    My host said it had to do with some plugins that were not compatible with my current version of bukkit, so I removed these plugins which helped stop the case and it ran smoothly for about 24 hours. Now the server had another crash episode and I keep restarting it, it only seems to run for about 10 minutes before crashing.
    This server has been running smoothly for about 6 or so months so I do not see what the issue could be.

Spiggot warnings from the console:
    http://pastebin.com/qPZsp5ST

Attached Files:

#1 Icraft, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  2. #2 Icraft, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  3. joehot200

Supporter

Please... put that in a pastebin..

4. Sorry I will pastebin this I did not see the sticky.

5. joehot200

Supporter

It *COULD* Be xAuth.

6. xAuth has been working fine for months, it was one of the first plugins we installed. I assume either we are breaching some sort of cap installed by the host because whenever we get 25+ users the server tends to crash these days but in the past we have managed around 40-50 for days. Or a plugin I have installed is not compatible with an existing plugin I have had, but I am not sure.

7. joehot200

Supporter

1. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE org.h2.store.FileLock.run(FileLock.java:490)
    3. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
    4. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE Stack:
    5. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE PID: 33 | Suspended: false | Native: false | State: TIMED_WAITING
    6. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE Current Thread: H2 File Lock Watchdog /plugins/xAuth/xAuth.lock.db
    7. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE ------------------------------
    8. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    9. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE org.h2.store.WriterThread.run(WriterThread.java:102)
    10. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
    11. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE Stack:
    12. 28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE PID: 34 | Suspended: false | Native: false | State: TIMED_WAITING28.06 15:16:36 [Server] SEVERE Current Thread: H2 Log Writer XAUTH

Well, whatever it is, i believe it happens when a player joins.

8. What might be the necessary action to fix this?

9. Mikgreg

Supporter

Replace xAuth with another plugin and see if you get better results. If possible.

10. Ok so I had been getting frustrated because all of a sudden things one by one started shutting down and the server completely had died, which means there was no status of the server working so it was removed from active servers on the panel.

However I uninstalled xauth and everything magically started working again. Now I must find a replacement or would installing a clean version of xauth work?

11. joehot200

Supporter

It should. Try it, at the very least.

12. I installed a clean version of xauth and it is working. Only thing are the annoying DDoS attacks we are still getting, they keep crashing the server on their own.

13. Ignore what I said about DDoS thats a topic for another day. But it still seems to be crashing. Would I need an alternative to xauth?

14. Ok I installed AuthMe Reloaded instead of XAuth and things are dandy right now.

Im gonna give it 24 hours before I call it resolved though.

15. Ok so our server has been rid of Xauth but now I installed AuthMe and about 5 minutes in it crashed. Here is the console log from when I re-opened the server and then it crashed and I shut it down again.
    http://pastebin.com/THUyu4mj

Attached is another crash log.

Attached Files:

16. Plugins I recently installed was AntiBot, Lockdown and ColoredTablist.

17. Seems to not be crashing for now, its been about an hour but im positive it still will crash randomly later on.

18. Server has run for a good 5 or so hours yet I fear the solution has not been found. If someone could review my latest console log from after I installed AuthMe reloaded and the crash report, hopefully something new can be found.

19. It may be AntiBot..if you want an anti join bot for offline servers try an anti proxy plugin.

20. Well what happens is we get these spam bot multi-joins all with different IP's so antibot prevents more than 15 of them getting on and kicks them upon joining.

If possible I would like to not uninstall anything unless there is a clear replacement with equal powers and unless it is the definite cause of these random crashes.

The server has been running for about 12 or so hours now.