Bungee - Proxy Bungee-Analytics 1.1 fixed

Google Analytics for your Bungee!

1. LetsPlayOnline submitted a new resource:

Bungee-Analytics - Google Analytics for your Bungee!

Read more about this resource...

2. Holy shit I was actually going to create a simular plugin, well done. I will give it a try now! :)

EDIT: how do I set it up?

3. It creates a config.properties in plugins/LPOAnalytics where you have to enter the hostname of the bungee proxy and your google analytics tracking-id. Example is already there too.

4. Thank you :)

5. No problem, put a tutorial in the description now too ;)

6. Does this require a port to be opened for outgoing traffic ?

7. Nope, it doesn´t. Realtime should work asap, everything else may take up to 24 hours due to the nature of Google Analytics.

8. dwi

dwi

Code (Text):
    [WARNING] Plugin performed restricted action, please inform them to use proper API methods: Illegal thread group access
    java.security.AccessControlException: Plugin violation: Illegal thread group access
    at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeSecurityManager.checkRestricted(BungeeSecurityManager.java:39)
    at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeSecurityManager.checkAccess(BungeeSecurityManager.java:62)
    at java.lang.ThreadGroup.checkAccess(ThreadGroup.java:315)
    at java.lang.Thread.init(Thread.java:391)
    at java.lang.Thread.init(Thread.java:349)
    at java.lang.Thread.<init>(Thread.java:675)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$DefaultThreadFactory.newThread(Executors.java:572)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.<init>(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:610)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.addWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:924)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.ensurePrestart(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1590)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.delayedExecute(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:333)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.schedule(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:530)
    at eu.letsplayonline.analytics.core.internal.AnalyticsImpl.<init>(AnalyticsImpl.java:83)
    at eu.letsplayonline.analytics.core.Analytics.start(Analytics.java:61)
    at eu.letsplayonline.analytics.bungee.Main.onEnable(Main.java:19)
    at net.md_5.bungee.api.plugin.PluginManager.enablePlugins(PluginManager.java:220)
    at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeCord.start(BungeeCord.java:239)
    at net.md_5.bungee.BungeeCordLauncher.main(BungeeCordLauncher.java:50)
    at net.md_5.bungee.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:15)
    Is this bad?

9. What build of bungeecord do you use? Is the plugin working anyway? If yes to second question it shouldn´t be a problem.

10. dwi

dwi

@LetsPlayOnline Latest version from Jenkins, build #1021. It says plugin is loaded, but I need to wait for Analytics, if they recieve data.

11. @dwi
    Ok I reviewed the source and it seems that bungee has no issue with our default java executor service but complains about our use of the default java scheduled executor service... Whatever braniac thought of this limitation?
    We will devise a work-around and should have a fixed version up and running in a matter of hours.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

12. Awesome! Glad to see this back up on here. It's been working great since I grabbed it last time.

Can you explain what page views/sessions/bounce rate are equivalent to? I could figure out some like a page view = 1 minute played (from looking at the consistency in the average time on page.)

13. @Absentee23 to be honest I don't really figure what google does there myself. You are right, page view = 1 minute played, this is also averaged somewhere as average vist time. sessions *should* be the actual number of unique players in a given time frame, since for each join we start a session (tied to the players uuid) and keep it alive every minute (the page view you see) and end it when the player leaves / is kicked.

Bounce rate? I haven't the faintest :D

Btw I'm uploading 1.1 as we speak, hopefully fixed that issue with the ScheduledExecutorService for good. Unfortunately our own bungeecord is rather old and does not yet have the issue at all, care to step and report if the exception during startup is gone? :)

14. To whoever just downloaded 1.1, please re-download, I uploaded an old version by accident because I fetched the changes from origin, but didn't merge them... too early in the morning &)

15. I grabbed another copy but it's still giving me version 1.0.

16. ah yes but that is only a display error... it's in fact 1.1 I just didn't update that stupid plugin.yml... Is the exception gone now?

17. Nope, thats why I assumed it was the same version.

http://pastebin.com/qCmsJpBC

18. ok that is in fact a different error.
    The line in which it is caused is different, it seems Executors are not working altogether in bungee... let me check that out for you