Bungee - Proxy Bungee Chat 2.1.6

A new way to send private, global or help messages and to do much more with chatting network wide!

1. shawn_ian updated Bungee Chat with a new update entry:

Version 2.1.5

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Can you add PermissionsEx Prefix support?

3. No, as PEX isn't on the bungee. I can recommend LuckPerms

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. @shawn_ian
    1) Can you add a cooldown for chat and server commands like this:
    Code (Text):
      /msg:
        delay: 5
      /r:
        delay: 10
      <chat>:
        delay: 4
      /m:
      /t:
      /tell:
      /w:
      /cc:
        delay: 3
      /clanchat:
        delay: 3
      /clan:
        delay: 4
      /call:
      /tpa:
    2) Range mode, because on my server with 300+ players in one world, impossible use a chat without a radius. Player writes to the chat - it is written to everyone within a radius of 70 blocks, player writes "!hello" and whole current server sees it.
    Code (Text):
       Ranged-mode: true
       Chat-range: 70
      local-message-format: '&eⓁ &l%prefix %player&4: &e%message'
      global-message-format: '&aⒼ &l%prefix %player&4: &a%message'
       Server:
       - survival
       - skyblock
    3) Disable BungeeChat for server
    Code (Text):
    DisableServers:
       - skywars
       - bedwars

#544 Dard, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  5. enterih

Patron

6. @enterih Next release will fix it.

@Dard 1) and 2) sound like good ideas. We will consider them
    3) You can already do that. Using the serverList iotion for globalChat. The same feature is planned for 2.2.0

7. Hello

Sorry for my english but i would submit an improvement

Would it be possible to predict the possibility of using different syntaxes depending on the server?

A pvp server will use a faction prefix while another server will not use it?

Thank you

8. smmmadden

Benefactor

Great idea for a plugin on bungee servers! I've add this to my spreadsheet below.

9. @Maxime_74 there is no point in doing that since you can customize the format yourself.

10. SpaZMonKeY777

Wiki Team

@BrainStone

Hey, awesome job with the 2.0 update and beyond! I recently updated my servers to 1.12 and also updated to BungeeChat 2.1.6 and my only issue is nobody can see their /msg's in chat. They show up in the logs and on the server console, but nothing shows up in chat... Any idea what causes that? Never had that issue before with global messaging, so it's odd.

EDIT: Nevermind! I figured out what happened, I copied over my msg formats, and didn't see the messageSender and messageTarget lines had changes slightly. All good now :)

Also, is it possible to make it so players who are bVanished do not trigger join/leave/switch messages? We disabled those messages for now, as staff would want to swap servers and not let everyone know lol.

#551 SpaZMonKeY777, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  11. When I toggle global chat via /g it writes locally on spigot and in the global chat? What can be the cause of this? haha

Edit: Fixed when I set "passToClientServer:" to false

12. Since we just finished implementing the new message translation system we would apprechiate it if some people could help out translating the messages. We already have translations for en_US, de_DE and nl_NL. If you want to create any other translation contact us please.

Thank you.

13. ru_RU

14. It possible to make fr_FR ?

• Like Like x 1
  15. In my opinion this is the best chat plugin for BungeeCord, BUT I have yet to find a nickname plugin that works the way I want it to. Can you please add a nickname feature? With permissions for color and format. Please!!!

16. Thank you for the update.

I have been using Bungee Display Name but there just isn't enough features for it to be usable. The permissions are broken and you can't disable spaces and colors in nicknames, plus the /whois command doesnt work with colored nicknames. Just too many bugs.