Bungee cord Ip banning

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Plugin Development' started by Nebula111, Jan 31, 2013.

1. From what i hear, you say that you cannot ip ban with bungeecord, why don't you guys make the original connection to the tunnel/proxy server log all names and IPs to a database/file. Then have a plugin modify /banip to ban based on a variable being pulled off the database/file....

2. jeff142

Benefactor

IP bans are the biggest thing stopping me form using bungee

3. Thats why md_5 added an API. So dev can make plugins for it.

4. jeff142

Benefactor

Yes but finding a dev to do this is not that easy, i have been looking for a dev to work with bungee for a few weeks (payed)

5. Yes they are rare.

6. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

My dev is currently working on a public plugin called "bungeesentials" It will have cross server kicking, banning, ipbanning, and lots of things that essentials has for bukkit. Dont worry he will release it to everyone and you will all love it. BTW his name is hcherndon

7. Nice! release date? Waiting for it like crazy!

8. Awesome! Im slowly learning the bukkit API and will move onto bungeecord eventually.

9. I was keeping it secret xD

I should have an alpha version sometime this week. Keep an eye out! :3

10. I just firewall them :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not bad. But its a pain sometimes.

12. This will be great, cant wait for it to be released as i had to get rid of essentials geoip.

13. Im working on something called BungeeEssentials. It will have IP bans, kicks, mutes (Hopefully), and you will be able to execute commands remotely

14. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

My dev have been working on this already, I know you have seen it. It would just be easier to collaborate with him on the project instead of starting two plugins that do the same thing...

15. Status Update? :p I really want this bungee ban-ip plugin

16. Necro of all necro. There are loads of bungee ip ban plugins out there. Use the resources section.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Bungee is one hell of a setup.

18. just a note, when you enable iP forwarding in the config the users will have their real ip on the spigot server, so ip bans would work without any problems.