BungeeCord Configuration Guide

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by jtaylor69, Jun 10, 2013.

1. *facepalm* its running on the same port
  2. in your Bungeecord Config you cant! have the Same Port config: host: "" you cant have that same port what ever your Servers are need to be Different
  3. Its OK I think I fixed it. What the problem was is bungeecord was broadcasting on the same port as the server itself. If it doesn't work I'll post again
  4. u need to portforward a second ip and change it in the server config and add it to the bungeeconfig
  5. Sorry for being late, but what is the purpose of this thread? Isn't there a wiki for a reason?
  6. Dmck2b

Services Staff

This is the discussion thread tried to said wiki page.
  7. Do you mean "tied"?
  8. Why does my minecraft say "Kicked whilst connecting to Lobby (insert number here)/hub:If you wish to use IP forwarding, please enable it on your BungeeCord config as well!" I can't go on my favorite servers and play my favorite games but I can go on my least favorite or second favorite or whatever, just it enables me to play on some and doesn't enable me to play on others. WHAT IS GOING ON I WANT O PLAY ON MY MINECRAFT STUPID KEYBOARD HAS AUTOCORRECT UGH!!!!! It also crashes every time i try to hit someone my minecraft ha a bug I think but PLZ FIX THE BUNGEECORD THING AT LEAST
  9. Dead-i

Wiki Team

10. GlobalTablist plugin list in this wiki page will cause serious thread leak. Yesterday, I have more than 2000 players enter into my server ( 2 spigot 1.7.10 and one newest bungeecord with only this plugin), and the server is so slow (only 170+ online at the same time) I begin to use some tools to find the reason.
    Today I used visualvm and saw over 12000 thread all named `GlobalTablist thread pool`, how terrible!!!!!!! After I delete it and everything become allright.

So plz let others know the problem of GlobalTablist plugin!!! Since it is put on official wiki page, it let me think the plugin have no performance problem!!!
  11. My biggest 'gripe' with these sorts of explanations is that there is a lot of undefined technical terminology used in these config files. What is a 'listener'? what is a 'forced host'? Definitions of the terminology would definitely help with understanding the implications of these configuration options.

But otherwise this is very helpful. Thank you.
  12. joshwenke

Wiki Team

I agree, some of these terms need to have more information. Do these work for you? I can add them in:

Listeners can be set up on different ports that contain different fallback servers and default servers. This is useful if you want to host two networks under one Bungee IP and use different ports.

Forced hosts look at the hostname you used to join the server (is it play.cobalt-mc.com or survival.cobalt-mc.com) and can redirect you to the appropriate server accordingly. For example, if I used the play subdomain in this example, I could have the server route the person to the Lobby server. But if they used the survival subdomain, take them to survival every time.
  13. Yeah something along those lines would be cool. Here is one way to sort of relate the two and differentiate them at the same time, if independent definitions alone end up not shedding too much light on the matter:

"A single Bungeecord server can be bound to many IP addresses and ports. To distinguish which IP addresses and ports your users are connecting to and take appropriate action, bungeecord has a concept called 'listeners'. A listener is uniquely identified by the IP address and port number it is bound to (the host sub-item). It tells bungee to actually listen on the specified interface, and what to do when users connect to it.

optionally, you can also specify 'forced hosts' in the configuration of a listener to further discriminate the source of the user by the domain name they connected to. For each entry in the forced_hosts section in a listener's configuration, traffic will be direct to a specific server for a specific domain name. These behave something like vhosts on a web server (or some other example of forced host functionality in another type of service that the user might be familiar with)"

Something sort of high level like this.

Supposing that even a sort of preamble/overview to the page like this still isn't elucidating enough... the dependencies and relationships of these concepts and bungeecord as a whole is something that lends itself well to network diagrams, tying a visual description into the key parts of the configuration and how they relate to some example set of clients and servers. It could definitely make it a lot easier to get the point across without a big wall of text.

Just thought I would throw a bunch of ideas out to see what might stick.

I'll make a rough mockup, just to see if such a think seems appropriate/desirable.

(really rough) mockup. Of course all the obvious inaccuracies would need to be changed. I'm not super familiar with bungeecord yet. Also, i don't art too gud.

#35 optimusbrine, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  14. joshwenke

Wiki Team

I like the picture, and it does seem to be accurate with how the configuration really affects the servers and user.

Does anyone else have input on changing this section?
  15. Why is the "listeners.motd" from the configuration always shown for the default server?
    I want to let the default server decide which motd to use...
  16. Connection-throttle is the delay between a connection from a server to another the player must respect
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Could there be more information about the 'network compression'?
  18. Sometimes, even though it is enabled, I still get the IP forwarding message. Any help?