BungeeCord Configuration Guide

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by jtaylor69, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Could you add more information about network_compression_treshold?

2. Thanks for the guide :)

3. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial

4. I'm trying to open a network with a few restricted worlds. I've setup forced_hosts for all my worlds so that users can access them "directly" without going through my hub. I've setup permissions (and restriction:true) on my servers.

The issue I have is that the restriction only seems to protect the use of the "/server" command. I expected Forced_Hosts to deny access and send to the default server if they didn't have permission.

Is this a misunderstanding?

5. I was wonder if Bungee Cord could be configured to spoof the running version of a server?

I could see where this would be convenient, while plugins are being update to work on the newer version.
    I realize the player wouldn't have access to any of the new blocks, mobs, etc. but it would be more for migration purposes.

The biggest issue I can see is if Mojang makes changes to the protocol format, compression, etc. in a newer version.

Just a thought. Might be an interesting feature add, if there isn't a current way to do it.

6. I need that when i reload a server players doesn't be kicked but sended to the lobby, when in the bungeecord config i put fallback_server: hub
    after restart he self-removes that option.

7. smmmadden

Benefactor

Spigot 1.11.2 latest build
    BungeeCord 1.2.3.1 Build
    Windows 10 Pro x64 O/S
    I'm trying to setup bungeecord for the first time for about 7 JVM's under this network instead of separate ones. Once I start adding the servers: section when I startup bungeecord, it throws the following:
    12:54:37 [SEVERE] while parsing a block mapping
    in 'reader', line 18, column 3:
    lobby:
    ^
    expected <block end>, but found BlockMappingStart
    in 'reader', line 43, column 5:
    address: localhost:19260
    ^

If I remove lobby and use another world name (from server.properties for that world and listening on that port), I get the same for that as well.
    Second, if the worlds are local to the same server I'm adding bungeecord on (local) do I comment out the forced_hosts value or change it to whatever an end-user would use to connect followed by the world name? (i.e. takemetominecraft.com: thehub) ?
    Finally, should there be one listener for bungeecord and one each for the worlds under it?
    Thanks! Steve

#49 smmmadden, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  8. xSinclare

xSinclare Previously sinclare_

1) You are incorrectly spacing characters in your config.yml. Make sure to fix the spacing and that you aren't using the tab button at all. Never use tab in YAML.

2) Forced hosts don't really matter all that much. I've never used them and I'm pretty sure you can leave it to the default:
    Code (Text):
      forced_hosts:
        pvp.md-5.net: pvp
    3) You need to refer to worlds as servers here. The wording will confuse you as you progress with Bungeecord. You fill out the required information for your single Bungeecord in the listener. After that, any and all servers that you want to connect to your Bungeecord should go under servers:
    Code (Text):
    servers:
      lobby:
        motd: '&1Just another BungeeCord - Forced Host'
        address: localhost:25566
        restricted: false
    If you have any further questions I highly suggest you review the Bungeecord Wiki. If you have any more after that then feel free to PM me and I will be more than happy to further assist you.

9. smmmadden

Benefactor

Thanks for the reply sinclare_, I had figured out that the default files were incomplete and had to do more reading on the topic. It wasn't an issue with tabs or spacing, just missing details that IMO should already be in the default files provided in the jar, to make it easier for new guys to Bungee like me. :) I just had to put my networking hat on and figure out how the communications work. Been a few weeks now and everything is working perfectly. ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  10. how to prevent rewriting config.yml every time on start bungeecord?
    I want to make some comments in config.yml, but every time I lose them

11. Hi, just wondering if there's something that replaced the fallback server config? Because when I close one of my servers the players are disconnected?

12. Where did fallback server option go!?

13. xSinclare

It was removed in the recent version of Bungeecord or maybe earlier. If you want to define a fallback server then have your lobby server(s) as the first one list in the "priorities" section and have your fallback server listed as the second option. It would look like this:
    Code (Text):
    priorities:
    - lobby
    - fallback

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Uhm no... when server restarts i want player to be connected to lobby but this is still not the case..

15. xSinclare

If you restart the server and you want them to be sent to lobby and not the last server they were on then set this in config:
    Code (Text):
      force_default_server: true

16. Help I can't connect to my bungeecord server it keeps saying Could not connect to a default or fallback server

17. What's wrong with my BungeeCord Survival Server?

I duplicated my server so I could run it under BungeeCord with and add other servers. I currently have /server lobby and /server survival.

When I switch to /server survival the console displays a Hash for my UUID instead of my online UUID and non of my permissions work.

When I switch to /server lobby the console displays my normal online UUID and my permissions work normally.

The server.properties file are identical except for query.port=, server-port=, server-ip=127.0.0.1
    Also online-mode=false

Here is my BungeeCord config.yml
    groups:
    Kiqkinas:
    - admin
    ip_forward: true
    network_compression_threshold: 256
    permissions:
    default:
    - bungeecord.command.server
    - bungeecord.command.list
    admin:
    - bungeecord.command.alert
    - bungeecord.command.end
    - bungeecord.command.ip
    - bungeecord.command.reload
    online_mode: true
    servers:
    lobby:
    motd: '&6Welcome to the KiqsRocks Lobby'
    address: localhost:25501
    survival:
    motd: '&6Welcome to the KiqsRocks Survival'
    address: localhost:25502
    creative:
    motd: '&6Welcome to the KiqsRocks Creative'
    address: localhost:25503
    skyblock:
    motd: '&6Welcome to the KiqsRocks Skyblock'
    address: localhost:25504
    timeout: 30000
    listeners:
    - query_port: 25574
    motd: '&eKiqsRocks.com Hub &6Friendly Community, &eVoter Rewards. &aPVP, PVE, Skyblock,
    Minigames, Creative, Towney'
    tab_list: GLOBAL_PING
    query_enabled: true
    proxy_protocol: false
    forced_hosts:
    mc.kiqsrocks.com: survival
    ping_passthrough: false
    priorities:
    - lobby
    - survival
    bind_local_address: true
    host: 192.168.1.124:25574
    max_players: 250
    tab_size: 60
    force_default_server: true
    prevent_proxy_connections: false
    player_limit: -1
    disabled_commands:
    - sudo
    log_commands: false
    connection_throttle: 4000

NOTE: Listeners, host: 192.168.1.124:25574 This will eventually change once my firewall is configured for public access.

18. There is an option called proxy_protocol (defaulting to false) in the latest versions of BungeeCord. It was undocumented in this wiki page, so I added it :)

#60 DoNotSpamPls, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018