Bungeecord DNS Help

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by NicoDiAngelis, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Hello, I'm having an issue with binding my purchased domain with Godaddy to my Proxy, so that players can connect. The issue isn't only just having it bound to the proxy's IP, as i've done that several times with success. It's when I add the nameservers with wix to bind that same DNS to the website that the in-game domain used to connect stops working. It's one or the other, I've been unable to have both at the same time. I've used 3 different methods of connecting the DNS to the website now, and I'm currently on the one that makes the most sense when taking into accord that I want it to be used for more than ONLY the website. I'm using bind by pointing, so that the nameservers are still Godaddy hosted.

Any ideas as to how I can have one domain point to a website and a game host?

2. use a subdomain for minecraft like mc.example.com and also ad an minecraft SRV record to the original address which leads to your subdomain (use _minecraft / minecraft as service name and _tcp / tcp as protocol, sometimes its also _minecraft._tcp.example.com, as target you set mc.example.com and a port 25565 )