Solved Bungeecord eats up tons of memory

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by NIKNAIZ, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all, I've been having issues with bungeecord memory lately.

With around 20 players on weekdays and 50 on weekends, my bungeecord memory usage floats around from 3 to 5 GB and it stays there.

upload_2017-5-28_12-52-45.png

It has crashed tons of times due to insufficient memory so I decided to remove the memory cap in the startup file just to see how much memory it would take. Right now, with 10 players online, it is using 4,2GB of memory which is completely unacceptable. The plugins I use on my bungeecord are:

BungeeAuthMeBridge,
    BungeeChatFilter,
    BungeeCommands,
    BungeeHub,
    BungeeMSG,
    BungeePexBridge,
    Litebans,
    Nuvotifier,
    Serverlistplus,
    SkinsRestorer,
    Yamler.

This is my top:
    upload_2017-5-28_12-49-39.png

This is my htop:
    upload_2017-5-28_12-50-14.png

The startup script is as plain as it can get (feel free to suggest)

#!/bin/bash
    while true
    do
    java -jar BungeeCord.jar
    sleep 10
    done

Now normally, as I've been told, Bungeecord requires 512mb of ram without any plugins, per 500 players. Considering I run bunch of plugins, it couldn't get higher than a gigabyte. This looks like a memory leak, but how do I tell which plugin does that, if even a plugin?

Help asap appreciated

2. Memory still at 4,3GB

3. You'd have to get rid of plugins and one by one add them again untill you see your ram going sky high again. It would take some time testing this though.

4. I know, this isn't the best way to do so, though seems like to be the only one. Is the a way to lookup each plugin resource usage?

5. You could make a heap dump and use a heap analyzer to see if you have stuff that isn't being garbage collected or if there is a memory leak

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gaxan

Supporter

Try
    Code (Text):

#!/bin/bash
    while true
    do
    java -Xms512M -Xmx512M -jar BungeeCord.jar
    sleep 10
    done

7. That doesn't help. Bungee hangs even with 3G, because it needs around 5G lol..

8. Gaxan

Supporter

Then list any additional plugins you installed in Bungee.
    Currently you are giving Bungee free reign of your RAM which is a bad idea. It can crash the JVM, system etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. I know, the only reason I removed the cap is to see what bungee thinks is enough for it.

As mentioned, these are all of the plugins installed.

BungeeAuthMeBridge,
    BungeeChatFilter,
    BungeeCommands,
    BungeeHub,
    BungeeMSG,
    BungeePexBridge,
    Litebans,
    Nuvotifier,
    Serverlistplus,
    SkinsRestorer,
    Yamler.

10. Gaxan

Supporter

No console errors?

The only way to find it is to start removing one plugin at a time until you find the leak or you can do a heap dump as ryans1230 mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.