Bungeecord - Errors + random crashes

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by bob7l, Jun 25, 2013.

1. #1 bob7l, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. Try using a erlyer build like #455

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. That is an extremely dumb idea.
    It's like gong to the store and getting the three month old bread as opposed to the one day old bread.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. I wouldn't say it's a bad idea to downgrade? These are dev builds, the changes they make do not guarantee perfect performance.

5. Yeah, but not to a may build that is probably less stable.

6. I said TRY not DO and you are an idiot some times the lastest builds dont work that well so you downgrade untill you find a working on/way

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Ignoring the fact you didn't read the rules, and called me an idiot (well not really as I am mentioning it) I am not even sure if that build isn't for 1.4.7 it is old and to be honest the only reason things update is to add features(not many are added) but mostly to FIX and IMPROVE things, md_5 doesn't just make builds for the fun of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

That doesn't seem like a crash.. also I think I remember md_5 mentioning this error being harmless (or maybe it was a similar error).

9. I posted another error on top there. It doesn't actually "crash", but rather stop allowing connections. This is starting to happen daily and might have todo with bot attacks?

10. joehot200

Supporter

java.io.IOException: Too many open files
    Mystery solved.

11. joehot200

Supporter

There is no way it is harmless, it is the Operating System stopping the server from opening any more files.

Now where was the solution? Cant seem to find it.

12. But what does it mean by too meany open files?? I'm running centOS, hardly have anything installed, and was only screening a single server at the time of the crash. Are these "files" threads? In that case, it's probably from some sort of hackclient exploit or spambots.

13. joehot200

Supporter

There is a limit to the amount of files that can be opened, you can increase this limit, but i am not quite sure how.

14. But do you know what these files are? In no way are these actual files, i think the error message meant threads.

• Like Like x 1
  15. joehot200

Supporter

No, it is actual files, the server has to open & read/write to at least 2 files when every player joins (Bungee has to check the server, server has to go into player.dat, plus any other plugins that may be using files).

16. If you are running all these servers off the same physical machine, then you could easily reach this limit quite quickly. Especially if you also have a MySQL, TeamSpeak or Apache/nginx server as well.

(well, depending what your default limit is)

17. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

Sorry I was referring to the first error.

18. Well its sitting at "3,236,305", which in no way was exceeded. Strangely enough, I've only started getting these errors after using builds #514 and up. And I tried only allowing 60-70 players in at a time. My server is pretty strong and i don't see how it can't handle a few clients... (I have a 1290-v2 and SSDs)

19. Well I've been doing some testing on the latest dev build and it seems to be using all the ram i allocate to it..

http://pastebin.com/71fkBUBX

I can't seem to keep my server up for a full day without bungee crashing.