BungeeCord Network Permissions (Syncing)

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by Mineblockz, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Hi there,

I was wondering how most people do their permissions on a bungee cord network. In the sense of syncing ranks and spigot permissions across every server so that if you make someone Moderator their rank changes across the entire network. I've looked at every forum post in the past, and never understood quite how to do it properly. I don't mind what perms plugin is used and I have a MySQL database.

I was hoping someone might be able to explain exactly how most people do this.

Thanks ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I'd recommend using a standard permissions plugin (PermissionsEx or zPermissions) with an SQL backend to sync permissions across servers. You'll need to run a command to reload the permissions every minute or so on each server.

If you want to give ranks/permissions in certain servers only, you'll need to use multiworld permissions. You can find details on this here: https://github.com/PEXPlugins/PermissionsEx/wiki/Advanced-permissions-setup#pex-multiworld
    The idea is to name the world for each of your servers the same as the server name (so your Hub server's world would be 'hub', Faction's would be 'factions' etc).

It's possible to do it with BungeePerms also, but I've personally never used it.

3. I have already seen the PEX way, and I was ideally hoping to be able to do it without having to run the command every minute on each server. I would be quite interested to know how the larger servers work their permission syncing if anyone has any idea ;) Or if anyone knows how to correctly use BungeePerms as I can't find a correct tutorial!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Use PowerfulPerms

5. Sadly PowerfulPerms isn't quite right, because it doesn't support 1.7. I'm just interested to know if anyone knows how to correctly use BungeePerms or if there is another better plugin which supports bungeecord and spigot rank syncing? ;)

6. I have a line in my startup script that copies the pex permissions file from my hub1 to hub2, factions, creative, minigames etc and I use named worlds for the servers.and my servers restart every 8-12 hours.

rm -v ./plugins/PermissionsEx/permissions.yml
    cp -v /home/nick/mc/hub1/plugins/PermissionsEx/permissions.yml ./plugins/PermissionsEx/
    (. = current dir where the server start file is)

7. I'm not sure if that would work for me, because my server is hosted by a company :confused:

8. I used symbolic links to link all of the pex directorys to 1

9. use a sql db linked to each server or use a async command on each server when u promote player ect.

10. You could run a command when a person purchases a rank in the store, which would set a players rank in a mysql database. Then you'd just set their rank from the mysql database when the player joins the server.