BungeeCord Permission Question

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by XenonCraft, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Hi! I am pretty new to bungeecord and I set up a hand full of server sand all that good stuff with BungeePortals and all that, but I have a question. Is there a way to mirror groupmanager permission files to the different bungee servers like you can with different worlds in just one bukkit server? Like can I set someone to moderator in the factions and it follow them through the hub and KitPvP and the rest?

2. joehot200

Supporter

No, but you can use the bungee plugin perms++ for this.

3. I looked at it but I am not sure how it works. Do I configure permissions in IT or in Groupmanager?

4. joehot200

Supporter

perms++ is a seperate plugin, i believe you set perms++ up, and that the perms++ file is similar to the groupmanager one.

5. joehot200

Supporter

@roblabla, as you made it and as i have never used it, could you explain further?

6. Hey dude, do I install the Perms++ in the Hub Plugin Folder, in all of them, or what?

7. Mikgreg

Supporter

use PermissionsEX with SQL

8. What is SQL?

9. Mikgreg

Supporter

If you don't know what SQL is then the cross server permissions won't work with you ;p

10. joehot200

Supporter

sudo apt-get install mySQL.
    I guess.

11. I think I am going to look into Perms++ does the requires SQL?

12. Perms++ has not been released yet.

13. Dang! I was wondering why I couldn't find a download link. xD I saw something called BungeePerms but I can't figure it out. Can someone help me out with SQL?

14. BungeePerms is not a cross-server permission solution. Perms++ isn't released and won't be anytime soon, due to exams. Perms++ will not require SQL (Although you will be able to use it if you wish to).