BungeeCord Port Forwarding

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by Ber2erka, Jun 13, 2015.

1. So I've been playing Minecraft for a VERY long time and for years I have never been able to successfully port forward a Minecraft server. Vanilla, Spigot, Bungee you name it I can't do it. Now I've decided to come to these forums for guidance seeing as there aren't that many updated and specific tutorials on Youtube. I have 4 servers I want to connect to BungeeCord but only two currently setup. Here is the config for my BungeeCord:
    groups:
    Ber2erka:
    - admin
    disabled_commands:
    - disabledcommandhere
    player_limit: -1
    stats: bbe1f2c8-4d8d-45e6-badd-1c9441c35499
    permissions:
    default:
    - bungeecord.command.server
    - bungeecord.command.list
    admin:
    - bungeecord.command.alert
    - bungeecord.command.end
    - bungeecord.command.ip
    - bungeecord.command.reload
    listeners:
    - query_port: 25565
    motd: '&b&lBerzerkCraft Network&8 - &6Using Spigot &fThis is a &4&lWORK IN PROGRESS&f Server! '
    tab_list: SERVER
    query_enabled: false
    forced_hosts:
    pvp.md-5.net: pvp
    ping_passthrough: false
    default_server: MainHub
    bind_local_address: true
    fallback_server: MainHub
    host: 0.0.0.0:25565
    max_players: 50
    tab_size: 50
    force_default_server: false
    timeout: 30000
    connection_throttle: 4000
    servers:
    MainHub:
    motd: '\u00A7b\u00A7lBerzerkCraft Network\u00A78 | \u00A76Using Spigot \n\u00A7fThis
    is a \u00A74\u00A7lWORK IN PROGRESS\u00A7f Server\! '
    address: localhost:25566
    restricted: false
    ServerShop:
    motd: '\u00A7b\u00A7lBerzerkCraft Network\u00A78 | \u00A76Using Spigot \n\u00A7fThis
    address: localhost:25567
    SurvivalHub:
    address: localhost:25568
    MinigamesHub:
    address: localhost:25569
    ip_forward: true
    online_mode: true

Both of my servers are setup properly so no need to worry there. The issue is that i can't get my friends to join, only I can join (classic problem). I know it has something to do with the port forwarding. If anyone thinks they can help me add me on Skype (bezerkaplayz) and I'll send you screenshots of the page where I setup port forwarding and any specific info you need on my router. However, I've also been told by friends that it might be my firewall, so I may need help with that as well...

Thanks for helping a poor soul like myself out!

2. If you are new to servers why dive straight in with bungeecord? You best bet is to get used to working with online servers first. So are you stuck on port forwarding for bungee? Also I wouldn't recommend using bungee on a home network. Use a hosting company to host your network.

Take a look at this video it doesn't show how to port forward but it shows you how to set up bungee (probably):

3. @Vidsify I'm not new to owning servers it's just usually I set them up on Hamachi and port forwarding in general has always been a difficulty. It may be my router or my firewall. I've seen plenty of vids on how to setup BungeeCord properly and I've triple-checked all my configs and spigot/bukkit.yml files it's all correct. It's just the port forwarding that's a problem. Thanks for taking the time to respond regardless though...:D

4. @Ber2erka Alright that's fair enough. Before I can help you I need to know your router make, ie Belkin, Netgear, Sky etc, so I can give you steps to try.

5. @Vidsify The router I am using is an Arris DG1670a

6. @Ber2erka First go to 192.168.2.1 in your web browser and then log in. Once you are logged in head over to the Firewall settings. This is where you will allow the minecraft port through your Firewall. Fill out the information; Description (eg Minecraft Server), Inbound Port (25565 to 25565), Format (Both), Private IP Address (Leave Blank), Local Port (25565 to 25565). Now add Virtual Private server.

A lot of people don't do this step. Start your Minecraft Servers before reading on!!! Now you have to see if your ports are open. Head over here. This website will scan open ports on your router. Leave the remote address as it is but change the port number to 25565. Then click 'Check'. If a red flag appears your ports are not open but if its green you have been successful. Also on that site you have your External Address Displayed as well. If the flag is green you can give the External Address to your friends and they will be able to connect.

If this doesn't work PM me :)

Good Luck hopefully it does