Solved BungeeCord servers with same WorldEdit data

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by TerminatorXII, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Hello there! Is it possible to have your WorldEdit data from server 2, imported to server 1, without going into the files? (Clipboard, schematics, etc.)

Example:
    I made something on server 2, I copied the building on my clipboard, go to server 1, and paste the building.

Thanks to electronicboy for your help!
    "Sync your WorldEdit saves in 1 folder on your PC"

#1 TerminatorXII, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  2. Hm as i know no, had been awesome if schematics was global instead of transfer each time

3. It is possible, but don't it think that something like this already exists.

4. electronicboy

IRC Staff

if they're on the same machine and you're not running on a shared host, just symlink the schematic folders? Wouldn't be stored in your clipboard, but then you'd avoid the horrors of a plugin having to hook into WE and potentially cause aggro when WE change something and the plugin you're using dies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That is a great idea! But do you know how to do that? I've never done something like that.

6. electronicboy

IRC Staff

I would suggest creating a folder somewhere, and moving all of your schematics there as needed, then it's just as simple as running something like this in your worldedit plugin folder: ln -s /path/to/your/shared/schematics ./schematics

you might need to modify the config to allow for symbolic links, however; You could also most likely just specify the folder inside the config without having to play with symlinks

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Okay, I have a basic knowledge of editing a config, and I found this:
    saving:
    dir: schematics

Do I have to replace "schematics" with "H:\BungeeCord Server\WorldEdit"?

This is how I sorted all my maps (This is what you see is inside the BungeeCord Server folder):

[​IMG]

#7 TerminatorXII, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  8. electronicboy

IRC Staff

That would most likely work, I'd be weary of spaces in filenames but shouldn't cause any issues with Java