BungeeCord startup crash thing

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by MrBlackDrag0nfly, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Hi guy's,

When I want to start up BungeeCord I get this error: http://prntscr.com/1c6hgv
    What do i need to do?

I'm using build 545 and 546, both the same error

Thanks,

Ruben

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

You need Java 7. Please read the install instructions first.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm sorry, but Java 7 is installed on my computer?
    and the tread is saying "Make sure that your server is equipped with Java 7"
    What does this mean? I have followed the install tutorials, but there is nothing in it about Java 7?

Ruben

4. One way to check if Java 7 is primary (over Java 6), is to run the command "java -version". It should state 1.7.xx or something like that. If it states 1.6.xx then your PC is not using the newer version. You could try checking your Java PATH is set to the correct place?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. o thanks, it is 1.6.xx (forgot it already :p) how can I change it?

6. Windows 7/8:
    Right Click "Computer" -> Click "Properties" -> Click "Advanced system settings" -> Click "Environment Variables..." -> Then in the "System variables" section, find "JAVA_HOME" -> Click "Edit..." with "JAVA_HOME" selected and change the "Variable value:" to the path of your Java 7 installation instead.

You will have to restart for the changes to take effect.

I have JDK 7 installed so my "JAVA_HOME" is "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_21".