Bungeecord Unable to Send Vote

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Plugin Help' started by Coolkc456, Feb 8, 2018.

1. So I'm having some issues while trying to setup voting on all my Bungeecord setups. I've already contacted my host but I think I'm getting some of those people who don't know what they are doing because they've directed me into trying up to 4 different voting rewards plugins: SuperbVote 0.4-BETA, GAListener 1.3.2, GAListener 1.3.1, and VoteRoulette v3.2.3 but they all come up with the same messages in the console whenever I try to send a test vote. The messages look like this:
    [​IMG]
    I've also tried switching the ports for all 3 servers 3 times just in case someone was already using those ports on the same machine but the same thing happens. I highly doubt it's just a coincidence.

Anyways, maybe the Spigot community can help me because my host is recommended me to contact the author of the vote plugins because they are so sure that's the problem but something seems more fishy to me. I used VoteRoulette on a normal server setup (meaning without Bungeecord) before on just 1.11.2 so I'm more willing to believe something else is at fault here and not the voting rewards plugins.

I get no messages in the consoles of my 2 servers that players will be receiving rewards on so the rewards plugins cannot even detect a vote which further tells me something else is wrong.

My host says that ports must be between 8000-9000 (I use Bisect Hosting).

Here are all my config files:

Votifier
    Bungeecord: https://pastebin.com/ZLNkSX0q
    Lobby: https://pastebin.com/Q6TvEFtP
    Islands: https://pastebin.com/8qrhbLiP

After trying 3 other voting rewards, I'm still on VoteRoulette. I left it at the default settings for now on both servers. I have it installed on my Lobby and Islands servers. https://pastebin.com/ruzmUMKk

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

For people who aren't reading my latest posts on this thread:
    I don't need help with the configs anymore, I've already found out the issue. I need to reset my Votifier tokens so no one can forge them since they have been seen by the public. Please do not address issues that have already been resolved.

I've already responded to two readers to read my previous comments.

#1 Coolkc456, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  2. Bump - Still clueless as to why this is happening.

3. ?
    BungeeMessage has nothing to do with voting.

4. Songoda

Supporter

I would attempt to setup your configuration on your home computer and if that works then you can tell your host they're wrong. Otherwise you have no real evidence.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. I have no idea how to set up a server on my home computer lol I've been hosting using a dedicated service for about 4 years but I've only recently started using Bungeecord and voting works just fine if directly set up with one server. It's the forwarding that's having issues.

I made another thread in a different the Bungeecord Plugins section because I decided that this wasn't a Bungeecord issue and in fact a Votifier issue and someone fixed my issue and it was that the IP for the backend servers had to be used in their respective Votifier config files yet for some reason none of the tutorials that I watched while setting it up did it that way..

My only issue now is I'm trying to change my Votifier tokens since while asking for help, someone can forge information from them but everytime I reset my Votifier folder, it generates the same tokens..? Would you happen to know how to make Votifier generate new tokens?? I did try changing the tokens themselves by replacing a few letters but I don't get anything in the consoles when I send a test vote so that doesn't seem to work.

6. alright, I think I know what your problem is, if you look at the votifier config of the lobby and islands you can see this:

# The IP to listen to. Use 0.0.0.0 if you wish to listen to all interfaces on your server. (All IP addresses)
    # This defaults to the IP you have configured your server to listen on, or 0.0.0.0 if you have not configured this.
    host: 167.114.102.150

In all 3 configuration files, this part basically tells the plugin to listen to that IP adres, since this is I assume the IP adres of your proxy, the other servers are never able to listen to this adres, you should change it to the adresses of those server, or just leave it at 0.0.0.0 if your machine only has 1 IP assigned, in that case it will listen to all availible IP adresses.

So for the Lobby it should be:
    host: 192.99.148.35

And for islands it should be:
    host: 142.44.187.254

Hope this fixes your problem!

7. I already figured that out but I need to know how to reset the Votifier tokens now as stated in my previous post.....

8. Do you have some sort of firewall stopping the connection between your proxy and Spigot servers or if the Spigot servers are located physically on a different machine, is the firewall (if you have one) accepting the connection?

If you are running on the same machine why not something similar to may setup.

Votifer runs on a internet-facing port on the proxy only, Votifier on my Spigot servers runs on 127.0.0.1 with each port one higher than the last and the vote is passed to each port from the proxy.

9. Read my previous comments.

10. Maybe stop the server, remove the votifier plugin and config folder, start the server, stop it again, place the votifier plugin back in, and let it generate completely fresh configs, and then paste your own config back in?