BungeeCord Unified Configs

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Hunky524, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Does anyone know if BungeeCord or Spigot has an implementation for unified configs. By unified configs, I mean the ability for multiple servers on a BungeeCord network to read config data from a single source to ensure each server is loaded with the same settings and can read the same data. For data such as player data I just use a database, but for configuration data, I was wondering if there was an implementation already in place.

The only information I could find regarding BungeeCord custom configs was on this page: https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/using-the-bungee-configuration-system/
    To be honest I'm not sure if that is the correct way because you still have to pass the File from the getDataFolder method which is different for each server.

I'm not sure if I am just not using the right keywords in my Google searches to find the information, but it seems like this is an issue which should have some sort of implementation. If there is no implemented method to do this, any ideas on how I could around solving this problem?

2. sothatsit

Patron

This is the wrong section to ask this. This section is intended only for questions regarding the creation of the plugins.

3. I thought this would be the right place. I need to know for my spigot plugins how to unify the configs, which I thought would be here because the code goes in my spigot plugins (I assume) to accomplish this. Or would this be more appropriate for the BungeeCord section?

4. sothatsit

Patron

Ah, I see, this would be the right place then. Your post is worded as if you wanted the bungeecord and spigot server configs to be unified, not your plugins configs.

Instead of implementing a plugin to do this, it might be easier to use a pre-existing solution that synchronises the directory over multiple servers such as dropbox. Its the easiest way as there are many issues with implementing something similar yourself.