BungeeCord

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by jtaylor69, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Thank You <3
    I really needed a guide for BungeeCord

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Hello:

So I am trying to track down an issue with BungeeCord eventually timing out on my lobbies and not letting people login. Am running the latest build of Spigot (today's build) and the latest build of BungeeCord (build 1135) with the latest build of BungeeRedis. If I remove BungeeRedis and go down to a single lobby, I still have the problem. If I remove ALL my BungeeCord plugins and ALL my Spigot plugins, I still have the problem.

There are several physical boxes, all on the same switch, and each box has a lobby and a BC instance. They are behind a hardware firewall, only allow untrust access to the BC ports (all 25565) all on the same zone, so nothing can reach the individual instances of Spigot. None of the servers have UFW or iptables running, since the hardware firewall is handling that (and I've verified it numerous times).

Everything starts out fine, but anywhere from 30 minutes to 3-4 hours later, I'll start getting these:

=======
    08:11:38 [SEVERE] [PLAYER_NAME] <-> ServerConnector [Lobby1] - encountered exception
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Server is online mode!
    8:28:06 [INFO] [/XX.XX.XX.XX:45671] <-> InitialHandler has connected
    08:28:10 [WARNING] [Ping Handler] -> Lobby1 - read timed out
    =====

Now, before someone begins about checking your config for online mode, refer back to the statement that everything works fine for 30 minutes to 3-4 hours. They *are* in offline mode, and then it appears BungeeCord hits an error at some point, decides that the server is now in online mode, and then everything just collapses like dominos.

Of course, the ports vary each time, but the IP is always the IP of the BungeeCord instance.

Any ideas? This problem seems to be new to the 1.9 versions, as I wasn't having this issue on 1.8.8

As Always,
    Don

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. thanks helped me a lot :)

4. do members have to download bungeecord if the server uses it?

5. No. You just join like normal. It's up to the owner/admins to configure everything.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hello i have ah Problem White VoteSend + Votifier if i push in the Console ( Sendvote <UserName> <Server-Name> coming this log in the console end to me in Minecraft no Message LOG: 16.05 12:27:12 [Server] INFO Vote -> [email protected]: Vote (from:Freebuilds username:Itz_GamesPvP address:1.2.3.4 timeStamp:1463389468821) 16.05 12:27:12 [Server] INFO Vote -> [email protected]: Vote (from:lobbys username:Itz_GamesPvP address:1.2.3.4 timeStamp:1463389468821) 16.05 12:27:12 [Server] INFO Vote -> [email protected]: Vote (from:Freebuilds username:Itz_GamesPvP address:1.2.3.4 timeStamp:1463389468821) 16.05 12:27:12 [Server] INFO Vote -> [email protected]: Vote (from:lobbys username:Itz_GamesPvP address:1.2.3.4 timeStamp:1463389468821) 16.05 12:27:12 [Server] INFO Vote -> [email protected]: Vote (from:Freebuilds username:Itz_GamesPvP address:1.2.3.4 timeStamp:1463389468821) 16.05 12:27:12 [Server] INFO Vote -> [email protected]: Vote (from:lobbys username:Itz_GamesPvP address:1.2.3.4 timeStamp:1463389468821)

7. This isn't a support thread.

8. Is there a wat to disable the '/server [servername]' command?
    I see a part in the config but when I edit that and launch bungeecord it doesnt work and I have to completely setup bungeecord again.

9. if you want to disable the server command to make it shorter I would use SlashServer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. No, I really want to disable the whole command

11. I have never tryed to disable server command but in config.yml file at bottom has option it should look like this:

disabled_commands:
    - server

12. And can I make a post-it guide for using the BungeeCord-Api for developpers?

13. Looks great!

14. I'm trying to setup a bungeecord server on a host that is completely empty with no files it in whatsoever. I've never setup a bungeecord server from scratch, i've gotta do it completely from the FTP. can someone help me figure out how to set this up? the installation guide didnt quite help with my situation.

thanks

15. Error:
    Exception Connecting:RuntimeException : Server is online mode! @ net.md_5.bungee.ServerConnector:265

Helpme Pls :c

16. MiniDigger

Supporter

The servers you connect to must be in offline mode for bungee to work. See the wiki page, there are instuctions on how to configure your spigot server to work with bungee

17. Indeed. This allows BungeeCord to send information to your Spigot servers (since BungeeCord is not actually a player!). On that note, please read the firewall guide very carefully and thoroughly. It's not something to skim over because if you do not properly secure your firewall, other players connect to your server pretending to be on your account.

18. getting a lot of
    Code (Text):
    16:02:21 [WARNING] [hank1985] -> UpstreamBridge - read timed out
    Using Bungeecord 1189

19. http://pastebin.com/K0vz0Prb So I cant connect to my Factions server due to bungee freaking out on me! please reply Via DM if anyone has any possible answers