Bungee - Spigot BungeeSuiteChat BungeeSuiteChat v0.50b-41

Chat handler for BungeeSuite includes cancel login message, /msg, /nick, /mute and more!

1. bloodsplat submitted a new resource:

BungeeSuiteChat (version 0.10) - Chat handler for BungeeSuite

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. dimensionZ

Benefactor

Most excellent!
    Only issue i have is when you do /g <message> or /l <message> it changes your focus to G or L, while it should be just used to send a quick message to said channel (so shouldnt change your focus)

3. When I get round to doing a proper update i'll add a config option for it. I'm just used to mmo's etc where it does that

4. dimensionZ

Benefactor

Understood. An option would be good ;) But so far, very happy! I shall give you proper feedbacks later on.

5. Hey!

you sure work fast ^^

I updated my test server with the newest BungeeSuite 0.17 on the proxy and added BungeeSuiteChat 0.10.
    First time I joined the server I got an error like you said we could get if joining too soon (which I did not as server had been done for about 30 seconds before I joined)
    I did however restart the server and tried to connect again, same error. Then I took down proxy and servers, startet proxy and servers, and still get this error upon joining. (after server is done starting up)

http://pastebin.com/iS4Kqrrw

Also tried with latest BungeeCord and Spigot but could not get latest BungeeCord build 423 connecting to servers (even without plugins) Same error on 855 build of Spigot tho.

Let me know if you want any more information. =)

Edit: was done with build 419 of BungeeCord ofc! ;)

Edit 2: Also tried with BungeeCord 420 and 421, same error, BungeeCord 422 and 423 won't connect me to the server without plugins so I guess they introduced a bug :p

#5 StevenB, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Thanks working on it now

7. Hey!

Works perfectly for me on the test system ;)

Great work! ^^

8. Thank god!

9. Hehe! testing features now, so far local, server and global chat seems to work like intended ^^

Edit: Also seems to work great on the public server I am setting up =)

#10 StevenB, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  10. dimensionZ

Benefactor

Still doesnt work with citizens/denizen chat listener

11. I'll have a quick look at this today. So there chat isn't showing up? Or they can't see chat?

12. dimensionZ

Benefactor

Denizen listens to the chat, via denizen scripting. It would seem that the chat gets cancelled before it gets fired in the denizen plugin. Hence preventing the npcs from reacting to the chat (this is true for world-wide chat events (not bound to an npc, it's a "world script") and npc chat triggers)

13. Plugin only cancels global chat. I'm assuming citizens adds the npcs to the recipients list. If not ill just make a separate listener

• Like Like x 1
  14. So far in testing Faction and Allies chat isn't broadcast to other ppl on Factions server that isn't an ally or in the same faction. however transmitted to the other servers for everyone to see (have to change to local or server chat before talking in Allies or Faction channel on HeroChat).
    How would I go about setting it up in chat.yml? did try but it's not catching it,
    If anyone knows of a better alternative than HeroChat (that is updated) I would be grateful =)

Attempt in chat.yml:
    Code (Text):
    ChatSpy sees all chat: true
    Channels:
      LocalChatRadius: 100
      Global: '§c[%channel]§e[%server]%prefix§f%player§f%suffix§f: §f%message'
      Servers:
        creative:
          Server: '§e[%server]%prefix§f%player§f%suffix§f: §7%message'
          Local: '§9[Local]%prefix§f%player§f%suffix§f: §7%message'
        hub:
        survival:
        factions:
          A: '§9[Allies]%prefix§f%player§f%suffix§f: §7%message'
          F: '§9[Faction]%prefix§f%player§f%suffix§f: §7%message'
    DefaultChannel: Global

15. You need to use either faction chat or hero chat to actually modify the chat. Either use "NONE" for Server chat format and let the other plugin change the format or try just changing the format to use the chat tags provided by factions/herochat. Im not 100% on this topic sorry. Later on down the track if nothing works I can add a listener of sorts to support each

16. I uderstand that I need to use faction chat or herochat to modify the chat formatting if that is what you mean, but what I need is a way to make certain channels in hero chat to be server only and not global ;)
    How would I go about doing this? Great work on this so far! =)

17. Set the default channel to Server and get the players to to talk in /s if they dont want it to be global.
    Code (Text):
    ChatSpy sees all chat: true
    Channels:
      LocalChatRadius: 100
      Global: '§c[%channel]§e[%server]%prefix§f%player§f%suffix§f: §f%message'
      Servers:
        creative:
        hub: