BVotifier / GAListener - Won't reward members for voting

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Plugin Help' started by LostUser, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Problem: BVotifier+GAListener won't show/tally votes when users vote.

The following image is all the files that I think are involved. Top left: spigot log of default server. Bottom left: Votifier information used on PlanetMinecraft(public key used is the bungeecord one). Middle: BVotifier config in Bungeecord. Right: Bungeecord config.

http://i.imgur.com/ysby5cz.jpg

I have a copy of BVotifier in the bungee directory and my "dcmain" map's directory(not in my "lobby" and "alpha" map's directory though). The ports that BVotifier is using(both copies are different) are free. GAListener is rewarding members properly when the "/bvtv" command is used to test(from the bungee console, but it doesn't work in the "dcmain" map's console).

I feel like an idiot for not getting it, but I would like to ask for a little assistance from some wiser folk. Thank you for your time. If any more info is needed, please just ask.

Versions used...
    Bungeecord version: git:BungeeCord-Bootstrap:1.8-SNAPSHOT:"cc3a8c0":1071
    Spigot version: git-Spigot-c5146ba-c637b93 (MC: 1.8.6) (Implementing API version 1.8.6-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)
    BVotifier version: Version: 1.0.7
    GAListener version: Version 1.3.1

2. Why don't you put GAListener and Votifier on each of your servers and just use vote send on your hub?

3. Is BVotifier installed and replaced Votifier on all your sub-servers?

4. I think so but its best to just use VoteSend.

5. Port isn't open..? Use http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scan/ to check.

As the author; BVotifier is a more secure, and less complex alternative to VoteSend.

6. The secure part its not true and its not complex to paste 2 things for each server.

7. So more open ports aren't a security riskk... Okay.. xD
    Not as easy as adding one plugin on all servers and then it works..? ;P

8. No its not because if they can get in to one they can get in to all and yes it easy to paste a plugin on each server and copy the info it gives you but let me give you some more time to take this all in.

9. Attacker targets one port to flood, eh that's fine... Two? A little stressful on the CPU, 6!? Fuck.. CPU is overloaded in trying to decrypt/decline the bad requests... Oops now the dedi is grinding to a halt.

It's easy, but is it AS easy? No. One step vs two. Then you need to know what your ports are, as well as keys, if you get a key wrong you have to keep trying and afkjdlgdf fuck it I just won't have voting..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. All I got to say is > BVotifier 3k vs VoteSend 7k
    (You can say all you like but in the end of day your not better then VoteSend)
    < Just me if you think BVotifier good because you made it good for you bud.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. How does that reinforce your points that BVotifier is not more secure or less complex?

If we really want to get onto stupid points here, at least one of us shall do it properly.. ;P
    [​IMG]
    VoteSend: Realeased Feb 21st 2013..
    BVotifier: Released May 26, 2014

BVotifier is open source unlike VoteSend.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And if I'm honest the only video I saw was mine, in which I made out of stress due to cretins. (They're YouTube results BTW.)
    As far as plugins go, people look on Bukkit more than Spigot for plugins; BVotifier isn't on Bukkit.

Now shitty irrelevant points aside, total downloads don't prove a thing. :")

The valid points; the release dates.. A whole year to get more known and be the only one of it's kind. People stick with what they know, and that is probably VoteSend.

Obviously I'm going to fight for my own plugin, but it's not like I get money out of it.. I do it because I know it's true.

#11 _Cory_, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  12. I have the same problem with regular Votifier

13. I get the same issue i look into the console and i get this

[12:39:22 INFO]: The_Wolf_Pro33 issued server command: /fakevote The_Wolf_Pro33
    [12:39:22 INFO]: [GAListener] Vote received on fakeVote for Player: The_Wolf_Pro33
    [12:39:22 INFO]: [GAListener] Sent fake vote: Vote (from:fakeVote username:The_Wolf_Pro33 address:fakeVote.local timeStamp:1482755962789)
    [12:39:22 WARN]: Exception in thread "pool-3-thread-18"
    [12:39:22 WARN]: org.apache.commons.lang.UnhandledException: Plugin GAListener v1.3.2 generated an exception while executing task 105
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:56)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server._INVALID_getOnlinePlayers()[Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;
    at com.swifteh.GAL.RewardTask.run(RewardTask.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:53)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_8_R3.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:53)
    ... 3 more
    it says i have recieved it when i haven't please help