Bukkit ByteCart 3.2.1

A rail transit system with pathfinding, item transportation and anticollision

1. catageek submitted a new resource:

ByteCart - A rail transit system with pathfinding, item transportation and anticollision

Read more about this resource...

2. Was going to say first download..

Anyway, sounds super cool and will leave a review once I test it out ;)

3. Hi, i am not nitpicking, but if you revise the text often, sometimes errors slip through... https://github.com/catageek/ByteCart/wiki/BC7003
    Half on the page you wrote RESTONE instead of REDSTONE...(Input 1 is a restone dust on the top.....)
    I know, nitpicking, sorry.... but now i am going to try out your fabulous plugin, i am so fond of this kind of technique within MC, that it must be so freaking good. I hope i succeed in building something simple, and eventually enlarge it.
    Thanks...

Ps. the schematic you provide for us to see how it works, is not working..... I hope you have the time to put a few examples online for us to study.....
    http://bytecart.catageek.info/ and more info from page https://github.com/catageek/ByteCart/wiki/Howto-:-A-station-for-5-cart-trains is not valid.......

#4 Mr_Killer01, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  4. Thanks for your message. Sorry for the errors, english is not my native language and you know how hard it is to check your own writing.

For the invalid links, I fixed the scm link in the article. I recently moved every assets to a new address and the Wiki does not completely reflect the change yet.

5. I see a lot of hard work in this plugin, but is there a clearer way to get started, i miss actually the right explanation on all the signs, and how to use them properly..
    I downloaded your world, tried it, but its complexity is high, unless we learn step by step...I did say we, because i don't think i am the only one that is having startup issues....
    Want to try this out on my world, but i have to start really small and try to get it to work like it should....

Thanks again....

6. There is a tutorial section in the plugin presentation, with some videos or wiki articles. The Wiki is also the main documentation where all signs are detailed.

This is not a "drop and use" plugin, and beginners should start with the tutorial which covers 90% of the usage of the plugin. Forget the sample world for the moment, its purpose is to see how things work if you miss a point in your own server, not to learn the plugin.

7. Ok, that is a very useful tip, thanks.
    I will start looking into the wiki and start small (that was my first idea, starting small) I'll let you know if i run into problems, and can't resolve them myself....

8. I found a little difference, as in your video tutorial shows, entering [BC9001] it says in the video, Station block created, but on my version when entering according to tutorial it says block created. Another difference is that in the video, you tell us to use the automated system, and not numbering every station, so i tried that and the cart with chest did not know where to go...
    Can you tell me if i made a mistake?

9. You can use the automated system only if there is at least 1 router is the network, otherwise it does not work. For a simple network, you must put the address manually.

For the message displayed, I don't know. The video was created a long time ago and there may be some differences.

10. Does the plugin know when it is a router? In other parts of the video is also a bit of a difference. Maybe if you point me to the Wiki, because i could only find out things from these movies, and it still is hard to get answers...
    I hope you are not mad at me, i seriously can't find it or i have been reading totally past it... (both my fault.... i guess)

Thanks for helping me...

11. Here is the link to the wiki : https://github.com/catageek/ByteCart/wiki

A cart entering a router pass on a BC8011 sign so the plugin knows there is a router. See the Wiki about BC8011 sign to get information about how to build a router with BC8011 signs, or just use the scm here: http://catageek.free.fr/bytecart/new_router.scm

12. I may sound stupid, but a real good manual is not there... As to why i want a perfect cart system to function for people and material is a deep rooted wish i have since i started building big sorting lines on my server. The use of it is making the distribution a lot easier, so i thought...
    What i miss in your movies and wiki is clear examples of how to start a small line, and then stepping up. I really want to use it, and i am still trying....
    I do hope you could help me out a bit or someone who fully understands your work, to show about the simple things and why and when to use which sign..... that part is unclear....
    For example, i tried to activate the cartspwaner..... could not get it to work at all...
    Another example, a line i made, a station i gave an adres to, and a daytime of travel over the rails came at point of excitement, finding out if it works, but it skipped the destination completely.... So, it is absolutely not clear to me.... I am hoping that you either visit and help me out a bit, or give step by step info...

I do not want to look stupid, because it sounds simple, but it is harder than i thought.
    Thanks in advance....

13. Dont worry, i spend weeks figuring it out, and still havent used anything thats in there.. (after years of using it ;) )
    the plugin is amazing once setup and running, i wouldnt want to miss it.. automatic delivery trains across all of the map, on same track as people, just running smoth... YAY!

i bugged catageek many times about problems i had, hes a great dev and spend alot time helping and explaining me :)

i gladly share my little knowledge, so if you need help on anything, feel free to pm me :)
    we either can check it out on my server, or have a look at yours.. or both :)

sorry for the late answer, but i dont check any plugin i use on daily basis ;)

#15 thief_a, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
  14. Like to let you know bytecart does not work with the spigot 1.12 pre

15. I'm sorry. It does work. I was using an older build.

16. Hi @catageek
    I had this after numerous times the updater disappeared from dynmap, even after few seconds of launch... Thief_a was helping me out when he said that the updater he launched at his own server also had disappeared... Happy to give more info if you want...

Now i have been sitting still at one point putting the updater infront of me, not launched, but now it stays on dynmap.... weird....

Yup, launched and it is not to be seen on dynmap....

#18 Mr_Killer01, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hi, i was in the process to go to MC 1.12, as buildtools do make spigotMC files version 1.12, so it is time to step up.
    Unfortunately not everybody within the community is aware of the update through personal stuff and so on, but i do not think i am talking for myself as i ask for a 1.12 version of Bytecart.... Some servers can't go to 1.12 because it relies on the working part of plugins....

I hope you understand that your fans are out there waiting......

Thanks man.....

18. In my rushiness i must have overlooked the problem, turns out there was no problem, Bytecart version 3.1.1 is loading into the console without a fuzz. Again my apology for not being thourough...