Spigot Caliditas - a temperature mechanics for Minecraft [1.15.x] 0.1.3-BETA

temperature, mechanics, api, plugin

1. Rafkos submitted a new resource:

Caliditas - a temperature mechanics for Minecraft - temperature, mechanics, api, plugin

Read more about this resource...

2. Hey, this looks good, I'm trying it out now. Is it possible to get a placeholder to show the actual temperature on a scoreboard, or maybe show it in the action bar or even along with the temperature notification at the top?

Thanks.

3. Hey, thanks for posting. It is not currently possible but I will add this feature in the next version of the plugin.

@Edit
    Plugin updated.

#3 Rafkos, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  4. Plugin breaks in 1.13

[13:03:20 ERROR]: Error occurred while disabling Caliditas v0.1.1-BETA (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at net.rafkos.mc.plugins.Caliditas.Caliditas.onDisable(Caliditas.java:142) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:256) ~[spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-b0f4c22-b26fb37]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:364) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-b0f4c22-b26fb37]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:422) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-b0f4c22-b26fb37]
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:415) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-b0f4c22-b26fb37]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_13_R2.CraftServer.disablePlugins(CraftServer.java:370) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-b0f4c22-b26fb37]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:621) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-b0f4c22-b26fb37]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_13_R2.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:766) [spigot-1.13.2.jar:git-Spigot-b0f4c22-b26fb37]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_201]

EDIT: It looks like I was able to fix this by removing the space in the main folder name

#4 lucasboss45, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  5. SlimeDog

Patron

This could be great! Questions:
    • The temperatures in biomes.json look like Fahrenheit values, but the unit is "celsius". Is that correct?
    • The MC documentation says that snow will fall at temperature < 0.15. How does that relate to the temperatures in biomes.json?
    • Would I be correct in thinking that I could make a frozen world by setting the temperatures for all biomes less than the threshold?
    After some testing, I am guessing that Caliditas does not actually change the underlying MC biome temperature. I set the Caliditas temperature to 31.0 in all biomes, which should map to an MC temperature < 0.15, but no snow. :(

Please advise.

#5 SlimeDog, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  6. Sorry for late reply :)
    • The temperatures in biomes.json look like Fahrenheit values, but the unit is "celsius". Is that correct?
      You can use both Celsius and Fahrenheit. These temperatures represent a target temperature of your body, not a temperature of surroundings.
    • The MC documentation says that snow will fall at temperature < 0.15. How does that relate to the temperatures in biomes.json?
      The plugin does not change the temperature of biomes, I didn't try to change that.
    • Would I be correct in thinking that I could make a frozen world by setting the temperatures for all biomes less than the threshold?
      As I said above - no, but I think that's a great idea to implement and I will see what I can do about it, thanks :)
    After some testing, I am guessing that Caliditas does not actually change the underlying MC biome temperature. I set the Caliditas temperature to 31.0 in all biomes, which should map to an MC temperature < 0.15, but no snow. :(

Thanks for your feedback

7. SlimeDog

Patron

I turns out the BiomeBase is server-wide, so unless you have only one world, or want all worlds to have the same base temperatures, you cannot do what I suggested. I am working on a plugin that takes a different approach to the problem.

#7 SlimeDog, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  8. Please let me know when you're done, I'm curious to see the results.

9. I love the concept of this plugin, but have experienced some issues (running 1.13.2).

Originally, I got a java.io.FileNotFoundException indicating that it couldn't find the Caliditas' .jar file. This was fixed similar to lucasboss45 by removing the spaces in the server's root folder.

The locale file has a bunch of... odd text? For both English and Polish.

After running the /cali status command on myself, I got an unhandled exception when running the command. Ingame, this showed as "An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command". This was only a one-time thing, however: I just tried it again with no issue.

All players except myself (the lone operator) are immune, and /cali immune [player] false doesn't disable it (though it will still say the player is vulnerable to temperature when running the command, though /status will still say they are invulnerable), but the command does work on myself. Making myself immune a second time will sometimes cause the temperature bar to flicker. /cali reload does not solve either problem.

Problems aside, just some quick feedback: I feel like it might be good for the maximumStep to be low by default (I do 0.010), since in my experience with default settings, there is little time in a temperature-extreme biome like a desert to handle temperature before you start dying.

Also, might I ask, is there some way for me to add having drunk a potion/water to influence temperatures in the factors.json? Or would you have to add something on your end? Because being able to drink to lower temperature in hot biomes would be a pretty good mechanic, especially without many ways to lower temperature.

Here is a few screenshots of problems I experienced, and also the locale.json without the messy text (for English) seen in the screenshots.

https://imgur.com/a/Jtk8efb

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R4BivNIY9wt_dGX8jbVD88cwbfLStCBI

#9 526christian, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you for the feedback. I will be working on it soon. I'm glad that you've used this plugin and sorry for the late response, it was a very sad year for me and I had to take some break. Currently I have updated the plugin to work with Spigot 1.15 and have fixed the huge locale.json file.

11. I want to add effect mining_fatigue, how do I do it, why can I only add potions?

12. SlimeDog

Patron

BiomeRemap

13. "All players except myself (the lone operator) are immune, and /cali immune [player] false doesn't disable it (though it will still say the player is vulnerable to temperature when running the command, though /status will still say they are invulnerable), but the command does work on myself. Making myself immune a second time will sometimes cause the temperature bar to flicker. /cali reload does not solve either problem."

Please add them caliditas.user or caliditas.temperature permission.

"Also, might I ask, is there some way for me to add having drunk a potion/water to influence temperatures in the factors.json? Or would you have to add something on your end? Because being able to drink to lower temperature in hot biomes would be a pretty good mechanic, especially without many ways to lower temperature."

Potions added. I will implement water bottles later.

"Originally, I got a java.io.FileNotFoundException indicating that it couldn't find the Caliditas' .jar file. This was fixed similar to lucasboss45 by removing the spaces in the server's root folder."

Fixed in 0.1.3-BETA

I have just seen it. Amazing job! Have you considered changing server packets that are being sent to players to change the biome and weather info? Maybe it would be possible to change seasons without affecting the actual map? Just an idea.

As for fixes in 0.1.3.1-BETA (the upcoming version). I have solved the spaces-in-path issue, will be available soon. I'm also thinking about changing the temperature system to heat transfer coefficient based on clothes isolation, etc. Well, the project is slowly going forward as I'm doing it in my free time.

14. How can I see the documentation?