Can’t place blocks, only destroy them

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by rcc6789, Jun 20, 2019.

1. So I have been working on my spigot server, and suddenly, I accidentally break a command block. I try to place it back, but when I try to, the block flashes in front of my screen then disappears. I try placing other blocks in other places, but those do the same thing. I am opped. I need help!

EDIT: I get these warnings on restart of server.

*** Error, this build is outdated ***
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: packetListener

I get more but those are the only two I am worried about, especially the second one.

#1 rcc6789, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  2. If you have a backup you should try using it, if you haven't one try to delete your world and create a new one.

3. READ EDIT EDIT -- IMPORTANT

OK, first off, thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it!
    Second, I have a backup, but it is from the time that I could not place blocks, but I will try anyway.
    Third, I have done a LOT in this world and if I threw it away, I would be throwing away days of my life, so I would prefer not to do that. If anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE tell me. Thanks again!

EDIT: Nope. I tried restoring a backup and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

EDIT EDIT: I decided to download the world file and place it in my saves folder to play in singleplayer. I can place blocks in singleplayer, so it might be a plugin, which I think is WorldEdit. This all started because I used the WorldEdit tool, a wooden axe, to break a block and set position one, and it never got replaced back like it should have to set position one. So, I have tried uninstalling it, but nothing changed. Any other suggestions?

-rcc

#3 rcc6789, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  4. Can you send me the plugin list, maybe there is a plugin that doesn't allow you to place blocks, you could try to remove all the plugins and then try to start the server.
    If you can start the server without plugin then, add them one by one and in this way you can find the plugin that gives you that problem

5. Of course! Here it is:

AntiFall damage
    Chat Control
    Clear Lagg
    Essentials
    Group Manager
    Join Commands
    Phoenix AntiCheat
    Vault

Thanks again for your quick respond time!
    Note: WorldEdit is now gone.

-rcc

6. If you can't place any block in multiplayer, it might be a plugin issue, so as it was set before, unload all plugins and try.

Take note that in spawn-areas spawn-protection might be causing this issue (if you're not opped)

Also...
    This may be ChatControl because you have activated
    Code (Text):
    Packets:
      Enabled: true
    which requires protocolLib

7. If the above doesn’t work, temporarily remove each plugin once at a time and see if the issue goes. You might also want to update your server version.

8. What do you mean by "This could be ChatControl?" Would getting ProtocolLib fix the issue? Thanks!

-rcc

9. I have just removed all of the plugins from my server one at a time, not all at once, and throughout the whole time, the problem persisted. I have no idea what to do, and I'm getting desperate. Please help!

10. If you are trying to place a command block, make sure to have operator. Otherwise you can't place command blocks.

11. "*** Error, this build is outdated ***
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: packetListener" That's not a problem of operator.

12. Updating your spigot should do it.
    If not, please send the complete log.

13. That means changing my .jar file from Spigot 1.13.2 to Spigot 1.14.3, right? Thanks, just want to make sure before I make any significant changes.

14. NO, if you want to run your server on 1.13.2 you do not have to update to 1.14.x (although this is reccomended) it is highly unlikely to fix your problem.

You need to run the server with no plugins and check that the problem still persists.
    If the problem remains, consider any changes that you may have made to the server configuaration.

That second message is more than likely from a plugin. A more complete log extract would be more informative.

15. OK, I am now going to Minecraft 1.14.x no spigot, no nothing. Time to see if it works. *prays*

I can place blocks in normal minecraft, 1.14.3 no spigot or plugins, so it IS a plugin thing... Time to go back to spigot and see if it works I guess.

Booting up...

wait... i cant get things in my inventory... shoot.

i then broke some command blocks and then... i got blocks in my inventory... and i placed a block... and it stayed.

HOLY FREAKING I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW IM PLAYING THE MOST EXCITING MUSIC I CAN THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME WITH THIS IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE GIVEN SOMEONE TRUE HAPPINESS THANK YOU AGAIN.

I'm sorry for spam, but I really want to thank all of you for your help, you're all amazing :) Good luck, enjoy life :)

16. YOUR WELCOME!
    PLEASE STOP TYPING IN CAPS IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE UR SCREAMING

In all seriousness, I'm glad you got the issue solved. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BUT IM SO HAPPY I AM SCREAMING XD