Can I have my inactive resource back?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by sh4dow, Feb 28, 2017.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  1. Report your resource with the reason 'Could I have my resource back? I will post an update as soon as I get it back.'

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I cannot access it. The author of resources has changed to "InactiveResources" or something and whenever I try to access it it gives me no permission error.

3. Oh that means it was deleted.

4. Just deleted? C'mon, all the history it had, all the work I put into making the screenshots and making the thread, all deleted?

5. Your last update would have has to have been at least 6 months ago, I don't understand how a so-called active resource can be left that amount of time without an update.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Some plugins don't require updates (example, those which are not dependent on NMS and there are no bugs reported by users)

7. I don't think it would of been deleted permanently, could possibly be soft deleted from normal users?

8. Any plugin big enough to be considered for a premium resource will have at least some small features which could be added - it's even as simple as recompiling the jar file under a new version of Spigot after release simply to show the resource is alive...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Not necessarily. This is a skript (not a plugin) and they rarely require updates. The only thing that requires an update is the Skript plugin itself, and even if it updates it rarely has an effect on the current skripts. For instance, even till today, my Skripts from 3 years ago such as PlaytimeSK (check my Resources) still work and people use them without issues.

I'm bumping this thread because I'm back and would like to continue moderating ModReqSK and perhaps adding new features or improving the old ones. I'd gladly appreciate it if I could have it back.

Thanks in advance.

10. The skript has been completely deleted. Clicking on the link takes me to an error. Because it's been well over 3 years (and as per the Premium Resource Guidelines, it's been deleted), you're not getting that back. You need to now re-create the resource thread and await for approval. Sorry bud.

Edit:

11. That's unfortunate. Thanks for updating.

Though my argument about skripts still stands. There should be a change in the guidelines about automatically removing premium resources.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Choco

Let me get something clear here... Your resource was deleted because it hadn't been updated in 8 months since its deletion, you then created a 2 months after its deletion to restore it, disappeared from the face of the earth only to reply to this thread nearly 3 years later and complaining that Spigot's guidelines need updating? You are aware that the guidelines are in place precisely to avoid situations such as this where the author disappears for large periods of time leaving purchasers uncertain as to whether the software will be maintained, correct?

Your resource has not been permanently deleted. Resources aren't "deleted" in the sense that they're irretrievable. Think of it more as being hidden. Only staff can see them but they're still on the website. Your resource is still here as well as its updates. With that being said, it will not be restored. If you wish to maintain the resource, it will have to go through the premium queue again as the guidelines have been updated and it will need further review. Do note that we're a lot tougher on skripts, especially if they provide functionality a plugin could do quite simply. As such, it is not likely your skript would be re-approved because of its simplistic concept and over-saturation in the free categories. Unless you can provide unique functionality that separates yourself from any other reporting system, it would not be approved.

Also, please don't necro a nearly 3 year old thread. Even if it's yours...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1