Can someone take a look at my timings for me?

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by jayRIOT, May 29, 2013.

1. I've been getting a lot of wierd lag lately where the server will hang for 2-5 seconds and I'm trying to figure out if it's a plugin causing the issue or the issues with Hoppers/Droppers that I've read about

Here's my timings:
    http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=5712354

2. Jigsaw

Supporter

I would look for a new permissions plugin. PermissionsBukkit is doing something crazy on the PlayerJoinEvent. That would likely be the cause of your lag spikes.

3. That is true, but note the count. 0.00k, or 1. While you could use a new permissions plugin, SupaChat has the highest %:Count, then LWC.

4. That was my first thought, though he did just release a new version today so I'm going to update to that and see if it changes.

SupaChat is relatively new, it's a continuation from iChat since the dev for that deleted his project out of nowhere, but I'll keep an eye on it. I already knew LWC was an issue, from what I've read in the forums it seems like a lot of people have problems with the newest version of it and recommend downgrading.

5. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

Yeah the events in PermissionsBukkit and task in JukeboxRotate may not be firing much, but when they do they cause some serious lag. Apart from that your timings are fine.

6. So I switched out PermissionsBukkit for Essentials Group Manager and ran timings for about a half hour, things seem to be running a lot smoother on my server now. I haven't switched out JukeboxRotate yet because I'm trying to find a good alternative to it.

Anyways things seem pretty okay to me, though it would help to have someone that know's what they're looking at to check over my timings one last time.

Timings: http://aikar.co/timings.php?url=5721041

7. joehot200

Supporter

Your timings are fine :)

8. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

You're going to notice a small lag spike every 15 minutes thanks to JukeboxRotate's task. But otherwise your timings are fine.

• Agree Agree x 1