Can someone tell me if these will be good?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by zmaha7, Sep 2, 2021.

1. I'm wanting to start hosting a project I made a couple of years ago. It's a survival server. The plan would be to have everything on the one server, till I start making profit, then I'd probably expand to Skyblock, so I'd need two more servers.

https://www.365hosts.com/gaming/minecraft.php

I've been told 365hosts has excellent specs for the price. Anyone got something I should know? I want to get 10GB of RAM, 3 cores and a Dedicated IP. Surprisingly this only costs 17.40 USD.

For those not familiar with the host, the information on the Shopping Screen says
    "Enterprise Intel Xeon CPUs" - To me the fact that they won't tell me which seems kinda wierd but ok
    "1Gbps Uplink" - Not sure whether this speed is good or bad
    "DDoS Protected" - Guessing they're not spending much on it, but still
    "2 MySQL Databases Included (more available on request)", "Extra port allocations (2 included by default - more are available on request)" - That's nice
    "Full JVM startup flag customizability" - Wow. I've never seen this before. Wouldn't this mean anyone could just change the amount of RAM they have?

So, what are your thoughts?

2. cheap price means they're cutting price somewhere. Might be cpu or customer support if I were to guess

3. Not listing the CPU spec is little strange - should should probably find out because latest versions of 1.16-1.17 needs alot of resources.