1. Guest, as per the stickied thread, this forum has not been in use since 2014. All bugs and feature requests should be posted to JIRA.

Cannot compile spigot

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feature Requests' started by Murderscene, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Hello. I am trying to compile spigot with eclipse using maven.

I get the following error when I do a maven install.

Compiling spigot-api works fine but I cannot get spigot server to compile.

Thanks!

I think it's an error with getting Spigot-API to work but I am unsure.

Code (Text):
    [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
    [INFO] Total time: 4.030s
    [INFO] Finished at: Mon Jun 24 20:10:10 EST 2013
    [INFO] Final Memory: 13M/121M
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile (default-compile) on project spigot: Compilation failure
    [ERROR] C:\Users\7\workspace\spigot\src\main\java\org\spigotmc\SpigotConfig.java:[94,30] cannot find symbol
    [ERROR] symbol  : class ReflectiveOperationException
    [ERROR] location: class org.spigotmc.SpigotConfig
    [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

#1 Murderscene, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  2. Update: By editing the source folders I have managed to fix that error but now there's a new one

Looks like it's not importing from spigot-api. I have using the snapshot in the build path as well as the class folder but nothing seems to work.

Code (Text):
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile (default-compile) on project craftbukkit: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
    [ERROR] C:\Users\7\workspace\CraftBukkitTest\src\main\java\net\minecraft\server\Entity.java:[17,19] cannot find symbol
    [ERROR] symbol  : class CustomTimingsHandler
    [ERROR] location: package org.spigotmc
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] C:\Users\7\workspace\CraftBukkitTest\src\main\java\net\minecraft\server\Entity.java:[115,11] cannot find symbol
    [ERROR] location: class net.minecraft.server.Entity
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] C:\Users\7\workspace\CraftBukkitTest\src\main\java\net\minecraft\server\World.java:[77,38] package gnu.trove.map.hash does not exist
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] C:\Users\7\workspace\CraftBukkitTest\src\main\java\org\bukkit\craftbukkit\SpigotTimings.java:[4,19] cannot find symbol
    [ERROR]
    [ERROR] C:\Users\7\workspace\CraftBukkitTest\src\main\java\net\minecraft\server\TileEntity.java:[7,19] cannot find symbol

3. Why on earth would you be compiling spigot?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Because I want to add edits to the code

5. joehot200

Supporter

There are few things that cant be done with plugins.
    Anyway, this is a compilation issue with your compiler, it does not really have anything to do with us or spigot.

6. Yeah I understand it's something on my end not compiling correctly. Although I can compile craftbukkit just fine so I am stumped as to what is going on.

7. Compile it using java7