Can't connect to server

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by RenderingFast, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I was hosting a server with the most recent version of spigot on my computer. It was working fine, then it randomly stopped working. My ports are open, and everything is set up it just won't work. I've also tried it on a different computer, and it wouldn't connect either. I can connect using localhost but that's it.

2. Have you port forwarded? Are you on the same IP?

3. Yes to both of those. My ISP is At&t

4. Maybe your Firewall?

5. I've checked my firewall, I even unblocked everything just to test it, and it still didn't work.

6. I'm going to try it on a different port and see how that goes.

7. Even trying on a different port isn't working. :/

8. Can you use nmap to scan the port and see if it is even open?

9. What are you using? Windows?
    If you are make sure you're using the right forwarding ip I get confused between my internet ip and my wireless ip

10. Any proper setup: 192.* is internal, otherwise it's most likely public.
    The mc server shouldn't bind forcefully to a local ip so it's not limited to it either.

11. The IP is empty in the server.properties, it's not bind to anything. I also used nmap and the port it open. I also used http://canyouseeme.org/ and it was open as well.

12. What domain are you running? A professional (paid) or free domain? Either way you need to go wherever that is hosted and make sure your IP address matches the one listed under the domain mask. (IPv6 Subnet I believe)

13. I'm using my public IP for the time being since it is still in the making.

14. Mixing ipv4/ipv6?

15. Well, I got it fixed. I don't really know how. I was on the phone with At&t for a good hour, they did some stuff, and I did some stuff, but it's working now so I'm glad. Thank you for the help anyways!

16. Hmmm. That's good.

17. Oh yes, sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.