1.16.5 Can't figure out how to make transparent player heads

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by FlameFOxYT, Jan 25, 2021.

1. So about 7 days ago me and a friend found a player skull with the first layer transparent,
    If anyone knows how to do this I would love to know, Its a mystery and almost no one talked about this.
    [​IMG]
    We are trying to do that in 1.16 but It works from 1.13 and above, I used a server with ViaBackwards to test that.

also, If screenshots aren't enough to prove this is real and not a texture pack or anything dm me on spigot I can show you the head I got it saved on my toolbar.

2. I think this isn't spigot related, but I'll try to give you an answer, even if I haven't worked with skins so I am not sure.

Take a look at the following skin:
    In-game head and the skin texture from textures.minecraft.net

As you can see from the in-game view, the boy's glasses are hovering, they aren't drawn on the player head, but a little bit in front of it.
    Now look at the second link. You will see the glasses in the upright corner. I am pretty sure that this is how these floating things are made. They aren't drawn on the first layer, but on a separate (second) layer.

Take a look at this, or use a skin creator software (I don't know any of them, but you will surely find one which supports two layers).

3. thanks for trying to help, but
    The issue is that I thought its impossible to get a transparent head, because when you upload a skin to minecraft.net/mineskin.org it will turn the first layer of the skin to black, but In the screenshot I sent its clearly that the first layer, is transparent, something that is impossible to do in minecraft.net or mineskin.org, meaning the guy who created the skull did something manual to remove the first layer.

My theory is that its something related to packets or he was able to manually set a player's skin using an image and code.